Old photo help (Read 422 times)

Has anyone had old photos blown up recently? I was thinking about framing some of my parents' wedding photos and was wondering if anyone has experience doing this sort of thing without negatives. No scanner at my house either. Thanks!!!
    btb1490

Fun project! Many stores with photo processing centers have that ability, and many even have do-it-yourself gizmo machines just for that. Depending on the quality of the original, I was happy with the results. Try Target, Walmart, you local chain drugstore....
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'd advise not taking it to a lab...I can never recall if the copyright law is 50 or 75 years, but without a release from the original photographer you wouldn't be able to make copies legally. If you can find someone with a decent flatbed scanner and printer you'd have much better luck getting copies made. And the quality would likely be better than that done by a lab that's most likely going to just do a color photocopy on glossy paper, especially if you find someone who can clean up any damage using Photoshop. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Quality won't be as nice but you can take a picture of the picture with your digital, or regular 35 mm. I've been known to do that instead of scanning a picture in.

Michelle