Combining two Garmin entries into one ... Can it be done? (Read 831 times)

I'm going to be running a long time next weekend and, unless I grow wings, I will exhaust my Garmin's battery @ 13-14 hours in. Now, a friend lent me hers. I'm going to switch to hers about 10 or 11 miles in. I would like to merge the data into one entry when I upload them.

Is this possible?

(If this has been asked elsewhere, well, it's my birthday and I have better things to do than search Wink)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I always upload the entries onto the computer (usually via upload to RA, then download as GPX) and manually combine them in a text editor, then re-upload.

Imminent Catastrophe

I always upload the entries onto the computer (usually via upload to RA, then download as GPX) and manually combine them in a text editor, then re-upload.

explain.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

And also, would that show one map route and graphs?

A Saucy Wench

You are going to switch to hers at 10-11 MILES in?  Seems premature Wink

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

eric :)

Happy birthday Dan!  I've been thinking on and off about how best to edit workout route data.  I haven't gotten too far with it mostly because the solutions I came up with aren't intuitive enough.  One type of problems I want to solve is the ability to merge two workouts and split a workout into two.  Obviously, this hasn't been realized yet so you'll have to manually merge them.  If you have Training Center, download the two workouts and then splice the two files together.  Let me know if you need more guidance.

Thanks for the birthday wish! I was basically away all week, so I didn't see this til now.

I don't use Training Center, because RA is so much better! But maybe I'll try to play around with splicing in TC. On the other hand, it's not a do or die thing.

One interesting note: I plugged my 2nd Garmin in from yesterday's race and was wondering if it would populate over to today's date after midnight. Nope. Not that I am asking for that.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Dan, you can also upload them all to RA and I can download and splice them together for you.

Trent: See my calendar.

And note: On my ordeal, I wore the Monkey shirt. And the singlet.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Dan, I have them combined (the 60 and the 37, not the 1; is this correct?).  It is best if I zip it and email it to you.  Message me an email address.