What's for Thanksgiving at your house? (Read 556 times)

Hoban-Jay

Cheerios w/ chocolate milk, donuts and coffee for breast.  Protein bar and orange juice, mid-am snack.  Hot dog or hamburger and spaghetti for lunch.  Panfried chicken, broccoli, some kind of potatoes, maybe a spinach salad and maybe some kind of dessert.

DH usually makes some non-turkey bird...goose, duck, cornish game hens, quail...I think he's run out of birds though and he's going to make meatloaf this year. He makes all the tasty fixins and makes them super fancy. I hate to cook and am terrible at it so he could serve me Spam and I'd probably be thrilled.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Just out of interest what are you Leftpondians giving thanks for on Thanksgiving?

An excuse to eat a great deal, perhaps.  Beyond that, do you mean individually, or as nations?

Intentionally Blank

Family dinner, with two picky kids. So probably tofurkey, spinach salad, and sweet potato wedges. Chorizo stuffing sounds wonderful.
          TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Turkey / dressing, mashed and sweet potatoes, corn, biscuits, cole slaw, cranberry relish, pumpkin pie w/whipped cream.

MTA: gravy.

pr100 -

As far as the thankful stuff:  Both husband and I survived Monkey!

Two out of three "kids" will be home for a few days, roof over head, food on table.   That sort of thing.

steph  

Prince of Fatness

We've been going to my sister in law's place the last couple of Thanksgivings and this year will be the same.  Pretty much all of the standard fixings will be there ... more than everyone can eat of course.  I'll bring some home brews to wash everything down with.

The last few weeks have been hectic with this storm that hit us here in NJ so the family time will be welcome.  Lots to be thankful for.

Not at it at all. 

Better I Leave

This year is the first year in about 3 years that I'm not hosting the dinner. Instead we're heading down to Los Angeles to the in-laws for the holiday. Of course, it was requested that I bring my world renowned Chocolate Decadence Cheesecake for the dessert...

This year is the first year in about 3 years that I'm not hosting the dinner. Instead we're heading down to Los Angeles to the in-laws for the holiday. Of course, it was requested that I bring my world renowned Chocolate Decadence Cheesecake for the dessert...

I need that in my life.
                  Better I Leave

Heh...There's about a bazillion calories to each slice. Guess it's a good thing that I have a 6 miler planned for today and a 10 miler planned for Friday.

xor

DH usually makes some non-turkey bird...goose, duck, cornish game hens, quail...I think he's run out of birds though and he's going to make meatloaf this year. He makes all the tasty fixins and makes them super fancy. I hate to cook and am terrible at it so he could serve me Spam and I'd probably be thrilled.

So no pigeon or crow? Do you have grackle in Indy?  Please eat them up.  And they are soooo tasty.

Heh...There's about a bazillion calories to each slice. Guess it's a good thing that I have a 6 miler planned for today and a 10 miler planned for Friday.

Desserts are why I'm not so thrilled this is a planned cut-back week.

That and the beautiful weather.

The cut-back might not go as planned.  I'm weak.

And I'm planning on making a flourless Earl Grey chocolate cake that is similar calorically and can only hope looks half as delicious.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                        Emil Zatopek

No calorie counting for me on Thanksgiving! Oh, hell, I haven't been doing that for awhile now. I'll soon be at full-fledged fatass status if I don't get a handle on it.
                          StepbyStep-SH

We go to my FIL's house, and I split cooking duties with my SIL.

My contributions: rice pilaf, wild rice salad w/dried cherries and apricots, pecan pie and crustless pumpkin pie (all gluten-free because DS and I can't eat the regular stuff), plus a bunch of fresh veggies and some fruit.

SIL/BIL will make: turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, baked sweet potatoes, gravy, dinner rolls, apple pie and regular pumpkin pie.

FIL makes sure there is lefse, butter, brown sugar and ice cream.

And we will probably all bring wine. Several bottles.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

BeeRunB

Going to eat one box of SuzyQ's out of my huge stash I have at the secure self-storage facility.

TheDroppingDead

Turkey.