Podrunner: Intervals is available on iTunes (Read 1685 times)

dj steve boyett

Reluctant Scrooge

mcsolar99-- Thank you so much! The intervals are difficult to implement, if only because there are literally thousands of possible combinations, which makes it difficult to make everybody happy. Our solution has been to try to do series sets with targeted goals: 5k, 10k, half marathon, etc., at beginning, intermediate, and experienced levels. Naturally there is a lot of potential argument about distinctions between those targets and levels, but we hope that people understand that these are simply intended to provide a broad agenda with a view toward achieving some goals. The original Podrunner is deliberately generic in the sense that no voice comes in to tell you when to start, when to stop, what to do, etc. There's no warmup or cool-down. The idea is to give you something tempo-based that you can use however you want, to not limit your options. So along with power walkers and joggers and runners, you get mail carriers and clay-pot throwers and rowers and kickboxers and I dunno what-all taking advantage of an hour of fixed-tempo music. Once you begin to narrow those limitations by addressing specific groups, specific goals, specific start, stop,and change points, by definition you exclude others, and they feel -- well, excluded. All I can say is that we will do the best we can! I forwarded your 6x1mi and wave-run info to DJ Beatsmith, who is delighted. We definitely welcome input and suggestions within our means to achieve them (which is to say, we can't do 300 BPM mixes, and we can't do mixes of all Beatles songs, etc.).
    Steve Boyett
    Podrunner: Free, nonstop, fixed-BPM workout music mixes.
    Podrunner: Intervals - Free, varied-BPM workout music mixes!