Look what he can do... (Read 1137 times)

Into the wild

Our Long distance Lynn B.... Thought I'd try this local 10K for a change...was hoping to break 45 min... The first 1/2 mile was downhill, so I got a fast start and didn't really fade all that much. I felt pretty good about holding the pace for 6.2...second in age group, only about 30 sec behind 1st. 7th overall... WTG Lynn...I suppose after running 100 mile races this was like running for the bus Evil grin (Yes, I realise thet 10k time took a big effort.. Smile )

Shut up and run

WTG Lynn!! Guess you're going to have to do a 5K now that you just smashed that PR with a 10K Smile
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

We need an "I *heart* Lynn" club! He never fails to astound and inspire me! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Way to go Lynn!! Smile

Michelle

Wow, Lynn! Congrats! More proof that miles build speed. Well done.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

You'll ruin your knees!

Ha! I just came across this! You guys are absolutely too much! Shucks... Blush Blush Blush This race was a last minute lark for me...did a 3 mile warm up, the did the race and a cool down. It actually wasn't a PR...that's 40:11 set back in 1985...you know, when most of you guys were still in diapers. But it got me thinking that maybe I could get back to that level and even break the 40 minute barrier that I never did when I was young. Heck, it's even got me thinking about a marathon PR...but I've got big plans for ultras in 2008...no time for this speed stuff! Anyway, thanks for noticing. It was a very pleasant surprise, to say the least. Thanks guys, Lynn

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

We need an "I *heart* Lynn" club! He never fails to astound and inspire me! Smile k
                DITTO DITTO DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

mbk

Heck, it's even got me thinking about a marathon PR
                  White Rock Marathon.....December 9th.....it's all you, Lynn. Hope to see you there.

Dog-Love

Wow Lynn: can I order what you order for breakfast? I want to run far and I want to run fast and you do both!
                    Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                      I'm in Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                      Thyroid Support Group

You'll ruin your knees!

Wow Lynn: can I order what you order for breakfast? I want to run far and I want to run fast and you do both!
                        Race morning meal...20 oz coffee, 8 oz Ensure, 3 chocolate donuts... just sayin' By the way, just pulled down the Garmie details and see that my 5K split was 20:36, a new 5K PR by about a minute! Shocked

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

You did awesome! I was hoping to land up in 48 or 49 on my 10K. Chip time was around 51:33 and my garmin was 50:30. I started garmin after I got by the start marker. I have decided after jlynnbob's last post that I am going to start ingesting Ensure as part of my pre-race meal. modal (who sees Ensure as jlynnbob's secret sauce!)

Vim

who sees Ensure as jlynnbob's secret sauce!
                            Do not be fooled. It is surely the coffee and donuts.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

By the way, just pulled down the Garmie details and see that my 5K split was 20:36, a new 5K PR by about a minute! Shocked
                              You are my hero!!! I want that time so badly. Smile

Michelle