Downloading data (Read 299 times)

HobbyJogger & HobbyRacer

With regards to:

Your running log is compressed (zipped) to reduce download time. When you click "Download", it might take a few seconds before you're prompted to save the file if you have many entries.

If it has been going for over 15 minutes (saying "Starting..." without showing any download progress), is there still reasonable hope, or does that mean it's most likely dead?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Before I switched to the new servers a couple of months ago, it might take a long while for the server to package the data.  Whether there's any chance that the download will succeed depends on whether your browser times out.

I just tried downloading your data and it took about a second or two before the download prompt came up for both csv and xml.  Did it take longer than that for you?

HobbyJogger & HobbyRacer

I gave up after about 20 minutes. But I just retried, and it succeeded the entire download in about 3 seconds, so it must be reusing a cached copy or something. So I have it, although I'm not entirely sure whether it was necessary or useful to leave it supposedly downloading for 20 minutes previously. But it worked.

When (date and time) did the download fail?

HobbyJogger & HobbyRacer

Just before my first post starting this thread, I think. Or else just after I posted that.

But I've done a few more since, which worked immediately the first time, so it looks great now.

There were two big spikes in system activity around 8 PM EST.  I don't know what was happening at that time.  Let me know if it happens again.