8.2 miles (Read 929 times)

This is my first time posting here, but I am so excited, and I do not have many running friends with whom to share my success. I am a 35 year old who started running the end of June after walking for several months. Today I did my very first 8.2 mile run. It was not fast by any stretch of the imagination--about an hour and 40 minutes, but I finished. Wow, I hope I can move tomorrow!
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Great job, Soonergal! BTW, it's good to be 35...you're in good company around here... Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Hoping to Run Again :-(

Yeehaw! Good for you girl Smile Enjoy your success - and I totally understand the need for support. Non-runners still care but they don't completely "get it." Oh and I'm 37 - 30 is the new 20 for sure - or the new 12 depending on my mood Wink
        ~ Fly ~
        Only as much as I dream can I be.
        veggies on the run
          Thank you both. I definitely feel better at 35 than I did at 25. I am actually not dreading 40 anymore!
          redleaf

Congrats! (I'm also 35, slowly losing a ton of weight, and approaching 40 with a grin and promise that my 40s will be far better than my 20s ever were!)

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

36 here, and my first 8 miler was 4 short months ago...so I remember it, and they are not fond memories as it kicked my tail. Great Job...double digit miles are in your future Wink BTW...36 here
              2008 GOALS GET BELOW 175 (at 175 now) RUN 6:00 MILE (at 6:29) RUN BELOW 25:30 5K RUN BELOW 55:00 10K RUN A MARATHON (DEC. 6TH - MEMPHIS - ST JUDE)
                Yay! I did my first 8.2 miles last week also. Smile It was awesome, and I"m going for 10 this weekend. Keep running!

Old, Slow, Happy

Good Job one the 8.2 miles!!!! You youngsters are all a real inspiration to me!!!! Keep it up!!!!
                    Thank you both. I definitely feel better at 35 than I did at 25. I am actually not dreading 40 anymore!
                    Ha!!! I just turned 40 in April and it ain't so bad. Tongue Like you, I'm in better shape now than when I was 25. Congrats on the 8.2. You'll be in double-figures before you know it!

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

That is wonderful!

TRUST THE PROCESS

This is my first time posting here, but I am so excited, and I do not have many running friends with whom to share my success. I am a 35 year old who started running the end of June after walking for several months. Today I did my very first 8.2 mile run. It was not fast by any stretch of the imagination--about an hour and 40 minutes, but I finished. Wow, I hope I can move tomorrow!
                        I beg to differ with you soonergal....I do not have many running friends with whom to share my success -----There are tons of us in here Big grin..... GREAT JOB ------ Keep it up and let us know of your next accomplishment...... Wink

Champions are made when no one is watching

ultramarathon/triathlete

nice job, most people in the world can't run a mile, much less 8.2 of them! Remember, ultimatly, it's about the distance, not the time, so nice job indeed! Smile

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
                          Gatorade Endurance Team

Yay! I did my first 8.2 miles last week also. Smile It was awesome, and I"m going for 10 this weekend. Keep running!
                            I am going to try for 10 tomorrow as well. Good luck!

Insert witty title here

I am going to try for 10 tomorrow as well. Good luck!
                              Congrats on the 8.2 and good luck on the 10 tomorrow! You're at about double the mileage of this here 29 year old (or 20 or 12 depending on who you ask in here apparently). I was going to do my first 5 miler tomorrow until I got sick today Sad And I completely feel you on the lack of people to share it with. My friends are so sick of hearing my running updates!

ThomasRuns Blog
                              Twitter

"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do." - [Walter Bagehot]

Congrats on the 8.2 and good luck on the 10 tomorrow! You're at about double the mileage of this here 29 year old (or 20 or 12 depending on who you ask in here apparently). I was going to do my first 5 miler tomorrow until I got sick today Sad And I completely feel you on the lack of people to share it with. My friends are so sick of hearing my running updates!
                                I hope you feel better soon. I have been fairly blessed in that I have not had to miss a scheduled run for sickness or injury yet. I think it will devastate me when it happens. Get rested though, and you will rock that five miles. I finished my 10 miler this morning, but I am sitting here with ice on both of my ankles and knees! It kicked my butt!