Dear Treadmill I am sorry. (Read 1444 times)

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Yesterday because I wanted to swim and run I did the unthinkable and decided to run on the treadmill.  Normally you would have to shoot me to do this but I decided to do speadwork.  Anyway, it turned out to be a fun run and I was really happy with it because I got to go fast!  I like running fast.   The belt wizzing under my feet scared me a couple of times and the stupid thing stopped on me once which caused me to drop the f bomb to everyone around me.  Even with those issues I still had a good time and think i will do more speedwork on it.  So sorry treadmill for calling you and those that run on you losers!

Now if someone could find a way to get people out of my lanes at the pool that would b great.  Why are people walking in my lap lane or just sort of floating there?  I don't mind slow swimming but we have a big indoor pool next to it that you could be doing these things.    At least they are all doing some sort of exercise which is a good thing and I fully support.  I'm just disappointed not to get my swim in. 

2011 Goals:
      Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
      Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)
    jeffdonahue

You just need to get one of those endles pools - no lanes, no other swimmers, just you and a treadmill of water flying underneath you as you swim.
      RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

You just need to get one of those endles pools - no lanes, no other swimmers, just you and a treadmill of water flying underneath you as you swim.

hehe

I have no idea how to feel about those things.  Looks kind of cool but how do you know how far you have gone?  That maybe my worst nighmare but then again it does take up a lot less space plus you could do it indoors right?

2011 Goals:
        MojoJojo

Has anyone ever used one of those?  I've always wanted to try one.  I have to go very late to get an open lane at my gym.

Slo

Yep

If you want to just swim there great. They're not so great if your trying to do repeats or swim at various paces because there is no way to crank up the resistance while your're swimming.

So if your doing traditional sets it's not ideal.....if your an open water swimmer or someone who just does lap after lap with no varying degree of difficulty they work great. There is a scaled down version now that doesn't cost much more than a hot tub.

A Saucy Wench

. There is a scaled down version now that doesn't cost much more than a hot tub.

oooooh really?   I've always wanted an endless pool  I dont usually do anything fancy at the pool except ss laps and if I wanted to actually do swim training I could do more pool swimming.    But I'd love to get ss swimming in more often than I do.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Has anyone ever used one of those?  I've always wanted to try one.  I have to go very late to get an open lane at my gym.

Or as I found out this morning get up and be at the gym at 5 AM on a Friday and find nobody else swimming.  Yes!  Stupid kickboards are still evil at 5 am but that is to be expected.  Evil never sleeps!

2011 Goals:
                wildchild

Carolyn

Yesterday because I wanted to swim and run I did the unthinkable and decided to run on the treadmill.  Normally you would have to shoot me to do this but I decided to do speadwork.   

How would shooting you help you run on a treadmill?

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.