How do you import strava json files to runningahead? (Read 37 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Recently some of my strava workouts do not offer an Export GPX option, only an Export Original, which produces a json file.

Does anyone know if any of the import options under Upload Data from File will work with the strava json files?

None of them say json, but several say zip, so I wonder if I zipped it if it would work with any of those--I don't know how to tell what type of data they expect inside the zip?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

CalBears

Recently some of my strava workouts do not offer an Export GPX option, only an Export Original, which produces a json file.

Does anyone know if any of the import options under Upload Data from File will work with the strava json files?

None of them say json, but several say zip, so I wonder if I zipped it if it would work with any of those--I don't know how to tell what type of data they expect inside the zip?

I also have only Export Original in Strava and it produces .FIT file, not .JSON. .FIT can be easily imported to runningahead. If, for some reason, you still cannot get needed format, you can go to connect.garmin.com and do the export there.

paces PRs - 5K - 5:55  /  10K - 6:05  /  HM - 6:14  /  FM - 6:26 per mile

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

They're not from Garmin, so that's probably why they're not FIT files.

CalBears

They're not from Garmin, so that's probably why they're not FIT files.

Not sure I understand - what that file from then? There are more than dozens different extension accepted in the upload area at this site. What kind of device do you use that is so incompatible? And if it is - just buy a cheap Garmin - for less than $100 you can buy something pretty decent.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Apple watch.

It doesn't appear to be listed, but like I said, some of the imports just say zip, so I don't know if they could be zipped json?

CalBears

Apple watch.

It doesn't appear to be listed, but like I said, some of the imports just say zip, so I don't know if they could be zipped json?

Oh, I don't have Apple Watch, but I would be surprised if its format is not supported by this site - that device is pretty common. I would check in the Technical Support section of this site and ask there - they will certainly be able to help. Also, I think there should be ability to auto-upload your workout from your main site, like I am able to auto-upload from connect(dot)garmin(dot)com - I never upload my activities manually.

an amazing likeness

json is not currently a supported import file format.

The references to zip on the importer page are about file size / upload performance  -- the file within the zip has to be one of the supported import types. When the zip hits the server, the files within are extracted and run through the importer -- the file type is not changed by the zip process.

Garmin Connect is the only current direct (platform to platform) integration for RunningAhead, and, to my limited knowledge, there's not integration between Apple Watch/Health & Garmin Connect.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

John Wood

You might be able to import the json file to excel then export it to xls or csv format, then import to here.

kcam

Could run them through a json to fit converter, google it .. or are you looking for more than a 'one-off' solution?