humidity field (Read 988 times)

philipfromga

Any chance we can add a relative humidity box next to the temp box.  I'd like to see how much the humidity effect training but pulling it from the notes doesn't really allow for graphing etc.

Why is it sideways?

Not a bad idea -- maybe dewpoint is a better indicator?

+1

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Eric, It would also be nice if both the temp and humidity could show a range.

During a multiple hour training run the temperature can change 10 - 20 degrees.

MTA: The humidity changes quite a bit also.  At least in this area of the countrySmile

steph  

I note the heat index in workouts comments, but that's more because I don't understand dew point as well.

Plus, it's more impressive to see "145* heat index".

I wouldn't mind having a humidity field, and it'll be cool if RA could present a heat-index value from temp and humidity.  But it's not a big deal to me.  Not like having a "dark" weather condition checkbox ... Evil

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

MTA: The humidity changes quite a bit also.  At least in this area of the countrySmile

But the dewpoint doesn't.  Humidity changes are really reflecting the temperature changes.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

But the dewpoint doesn't.  Humidity changes are really reflecting the temperature changes.

oops Smile

steph  

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Can't we just have ranges?

• Dry
                  • Normal
                  • A little humid
                  • Very Humid
                  • Disgusting

Unless Eric is going to pull the dew-point from Wunderground, it's a lot of granularity for very little RoI on your time to look it  up.  The same could be said for Temp, but most people know that off the top of their head to within 5F, I'd say.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

mikeymike

And for that matter what are you going to do with the info? Prove that running sucks when the dew point is 73? File under "duh."

Runners run

xor

>> but most people know that off the top of their head to within 5F, I'd say.

I'd be willing to bet that many people don't... which speaks to the vibe in this thread.  70 with a dewpoint of 70 is a lot nastier than 70 with a dewpoint of 45.

Anyway, all this stuff just makes my head explode.  Like (perhaps) mikey is saying, I don't need more data to graph.  If I feel the need to say why a run was hard, I just write "it was jungle humid" in the notes.  Works for me.

ymmv

dennrunner

I just put the DP in the notes when it's relevant.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

And for that matter what are you going to do with the info? Prove that running sucks when the dew point is 73? File under "duh."

Personally, I'm compelled to log all data.   I then never look at it again Roll eyes

steph  

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

>> but most people know that off the top of their head to within 5F, I'd say.

I'd be willing to bet that many people don't... which speaks to the vibe in this thread.  70 with a dewpoint of 70 is a lot nastier than 70 with a dewpoint of 45.

Anyway, all this stuff just makes my head explode.  Like (perhaps) mikey is saying, I don't need more data to graph.  If I feel the need to say why a run was hard, I just write "it was jungle humid" in the notes.  Works for me.

ymmv

How are you going to run a report so you can reminisce about all your Jungle Humid runs?

xor

Or runs where I guessed the temperature within 5 degrees, perhaps.

Honestly, if such a field... whether it is RH, dewpoint (my vote), or a qualitative dropdown of crappy wet-related terms... were to exist, that's fine too.  I already only utilize about 25% of the log's potential for data-intense "stuff".  What's another field.

mikeymike

How are you going to run a report so you can reminisce about all your Jungle Humid runs?

I search on the text "diaper rash".

Runners run