Need help in Pennsylvania (Read 1265 times)

KvnJns

I need a recomendation for a good shoe store near Harrisburg, PA. I am from Michigan and will be here in PA for a couple of more weeks and desperately want a new pair of shoes. I would like to go to a specialty store where I can get some good advise since I am kind of new to running on a regular basis. If someone could point me to a store within an hours drive from here that would be great. Thanks.

Kevin

Hey man here are some that I found while searching the internet The Inside Track www.runinsidetrack.com 6301 Grayson Rd.-Swatara Square Harrisburg, PA 17111 717-564-2770 New Balance - Harrisburg www.newbalanceharrisburg.com Rt 22 & Colonial Rd. Harrisburg, PA 17109 717-671-0970 Hope that helps Jeremy GO NAVY BEAT ARMY!!!!!!!!!!!
      2009 Goals...:
      -run more miles than 2008

-build base to train for 2010 Rome Marathon
        If you have a rather normal foot ....not too narrow or wide, I would recommend the Asics 2120 that can be purchased on line for $59.95 including shipping at www.holabirdsports.com. This is last years discontinued model...but a great shoe. The new shoe is 2130 and back up to about 90.00. To try on shoes, go to Dick's Sporting Goods, 5086 Jonestown Rd. Harrisburg, PA 17112, 717-632-3174 Orange Man

Orange Man and Eric.

KvnJns

Hey man here are some that I found while searching the internet The Inside Track www.runinsidetrack.com 6301 Grayson Rd.-Swatara Square Harrisburg, PA 17111 717-564-2770 New Balance - Harrisburg www.newbalanceharrisburg.com Rt 22 & Colonial Rd. Harrisburg, PA 17109 717-671-0970 Hope that helps Jeremy GO NAVY BEAT ARMY!!!!!!!!!!!
          Thank you very much "Brother". P.O.T.S

Kevin

That internet link for the inside track doesn't appear to work, but here's the address/phone number for the one in Lancaster, which is about 40 mins. from Harrisburg. 1659 Lititz Pike Lancaster, PA 17601 (717) 394-6439 It's in a shopping center and I used to go there as a kid. A long, long, long time ago.
            KvnJns

That internet link for the inside track doesn't appear to work, but here's the address/phone number for the one in Lancaster, which is about 40 mins. from Harrisburg. 1659 Lititz Pike Lancaster, PA 17601 (717) 394-6439 It's in a shopping center and I used to go there as a kid. A long, long, long time ago.
              Thanks. I want to try and get out tomorrow afternoon and pick up a new pair. I may just head out to Lancaster. Thanks again.

Kevin

Inside Track in Lancaster is very good, though you could probably get to Flying Feet in York just as quick. I live in Lancaster and go to Inside Track frequently, but think the service and selection in Flying Feet is a bit better. Inside Track has a few good employees, but in my experience EVERYONE at Flying Feet is crazy helpful. http://www.flyingfeet.com/

Go to http://certainintelligence.blogspot.com for my blog.

A Saucy Wench

..sniff sniff...I am feeling homesick. Grew up in Lancaster, havent lived there in 20 years though.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Thank you very much "Brother". P.O.T.S
                    Are you a traveling man Hawk?
                    2009 Goals...:

Scout7

..sniff sniff...I am feeling homesick. Grew up in Lancaster, havent lived there in 20 years though.
                      Miss the smell of manure, do ya?
                        Inside Track has 2 locations. One in Lancaster and one in Harrisburg (between Harrisburg and Hershey on Rt 322) It is on the left hand side as you head toward Hershey in a shopping center.
                        KvnJns

Are you a traveling man Hawk?
                          Jeremy, Yes I am. Grand Ledge, MI #179 Also, I went to inside track today in Harrisburg. I must say that they are great people and really took the time to help me find the perfect shoe. I bought the Mizuno Wave Inspire 4. It is amazing how nice it felt. Thanks to everyone for your helping me locate a great running store.

Kevin

Mandarin Lodge, Fl 343... It is great to know a fellow brother that is a runner. Fraternally, Jeremy
                            2009 Goals...:

A Saucy Wench

Miss the smell of manure, do ya?
                              lol...now I live in Oregon...just as manure-filled and more skunks!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7