Saucony Freedom ISO vs Freedom ISO 2 (Read 65 times)

Pablo GZ

Hello everyone. My daily trainers are a bit over the limit   (+1,400 km) ASICs Kayano 24, got them this February. My racing/fast pace shoes New Balance RC 1400 v5 NYC Marathon edition and I love them, got few PB wearing them (10k 36:47, 5k 17:33) and want to spare the use.

What should I buy? Freedoom ISO in amazon Black and Blue 82.95€. Freedom ISO 2 118.25€  Green and Black (Very cool color). Does It worth to go for Iso2? I read Iso (1) is lighter. Thanks.

Marky_Mark_17

I’ve worn both quite a lot, mainly for long runs and easy runs. The ISO2 is apparently heavier but I don’t notice it. It has a slightly more snug upper than the ISO1 particularly around the ankle - the ISO1 had quite a minimal upper (I liked it but others preferred a bit more hold around the ankle). Both great shoes which have a long life too.

3,000m: 9:07.7 (Nov-21) | 5,000m: 15:39 (Dec-19) | 10,000m: 32:34 (Mar-20)  

10km: 33:15 (Sep-19) | HM: 1:09:41 (May-21)* | FM: 2:41:41 (Oct-20)

* Net downhill course

Last race: Maraetai HM, 10 Mar, DNF

Up next: Waterfront HM, 7 Apr

"CONSISTENCY IS KING"

Pablo GZ

Thanks for your answer Mark. I'll buy the Freedom ISO 2, Orange and blue color not what I like the most, but for 70€ is a no brainer buy, totally worth It. I'm not paying 125€ for black and green color that would be plain stupid. I can't understand why +50€ if you want them on black/green or white.

AceHarris

Pablo, are you ordering those from Amazon? I can't find anything that cheap for the Freedom 2, even on amazon and accounting for exchange rate.

Road Mile: 5:19 (2017), 5k: 17:09 (2021), 10k: 35:54 (2021), HM: 1:21:55 (2020), M: 2:53:18 (2021)

Flyingscotzman

shoekicker.com

Pablo GZ

Yes, but the seller/shop is in Spain, so I don't know what price you may see. Hope It helps.

https://www.amazon.es/Saucony-Freedom-Zapatillas-Running-Hombre/dp/B000J3ACT2?ref_=mw_olp_product_details&th=1&psc=1

Pablo, are you ordering those from Amazon? I can't find anything that cheap for the Freedom 2, even on amazon and accounting for exchange rate.

fullstackme

I have around 500 miles in Freedom ISO (including two HMs and a full marathon races) and wrote a detailed review on them recently, if that helps. In short, I'm quite satisfied with the shoes: they feel lightweight and fast, work perfectly both on the track and in occasional sprints during the road run. Nothing that'd really bother me, and I'm happy that I found a good alternative to Kinvaras which are often priced higher.

Cyberic

I have around 500 miles in Freedom ISO (including two HMs and a full marathon races) and wrote a detailed review on them recently, if that helps. In short, I'm quite satisfied with the shoes: they feel lightweight and fast, work perfectly both on the track and in occasional sprints during the road run. Nothing that'd really bother me, and I'm happy that I found a good alternative to Kinvaras which are often priced higher

That's odd. Here in Canada the Freedom are priced higher than the Kinvaras.

I have a pair of Freedom ISO 1 that currently have around 650 miles on them. The upper has a hole in one shoe, but the foam is still very good and the cristal rubber still has some thread to it. I expect another 100-200 miles out of them.

I have bought a pair of Freedom ISO 2 but have yet to run in them. So can't really compare other than when I put them on, I don't see much of a difference except maybe that the upper feels more comfortable? To be confirmed, but I expect a similar shoe to the first version.

Thanks Marky Mark for confirming that.

Marky_Mark_17

That's odd. Here in Canada the Freedom are priced higher than the Kinvaras.

Yeah, I've always found the Freedom's to be priced higher too (and often harder to pick up on sale too), both on Australian shopfronts (where I buy most of my shoes) and US (where I occasionally buy shoes if there's a good deal to be had).

3,000m: 9:07.7 (Nov-21) | 5,000m: 15:39 (Dec-19) | 10,000m: 32:34 (Mar-20)  

10km: 33:15 (Sep-19) | HM: 1:09:41 (May-21)* | FM: 2:41:41 (Oct-20)

* Net downhill course

Last race: Maraetai HM, 10 Mar, DNF

Up next: Waterfront HM, 7 Apr

"CONSISTENCY IS KING"

fullstackme

Hmm, that's really interesting. In the UK, I often see Freedom ISO discounted, and given Kinvaras are on sale as well, they usually come a bit cheaper. This spring I was buying Saucony, Freedom ISO were already discounted with the price tag around £70 (Sportsshoes) and Kinvaras were full price. There was a sale round in summer, but Freedom ISO got discounted even further and stayed cheaper than Kinvaras. Whilst I agree the RRP for Freedom ISO is higher, the actual price situation still remains the same e.g. if I open Sportsshoes (or Runrepeat): https://www.sportsshoes.com/product/sau3258/saucony-freedom-iso-running-shoes/ (£49.99) vs https://www.sportsshoes.com/product/sau3469/saucony-kinvara-9-running-shoes/ (£57.49).