What is this competition? (Read 410 times)

BeeRunB

I've been in two different cities this year where I have seen teams of  4-6 people, with each team dressed in a theme costume, running down the sidewalks either looking for something or trying to get somewhere by a certain time. They have a shopping cart with them that is all themed out with their costumes. Anyone know what this competition is?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

My brother has done something like this in Chicago, the Chiditerod.  I'm pretty sure it involves beer, otherwise he'd not bother. Tongue  This is from a few years back...my brother is Grover:

At its core it's a food drive.  Looks like a really fun way to do some good.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

BeeRunB

Thanks! Cool That's it!

Looks like fun.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

my brother is Grover.

He looks just like you.

A few years ago a friend of mine went to some sort of daytime costume party dressed as Oscar the Grouch.  Later, he played in a soccer tournament and his team won, so the team picture appeared in a local newspaper.  Unfortunately, his green face paint did not come out green in the black-and-white newsprint.  Hilarity ensued. 

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay