U.S. Olympic Trials (Read 1540 times)

Here is the teevee schedule: Click

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

It is a real shame that there is no online streaming available.

--

Nashville, TN

http://www.nbcolympics.com/liveextra/help/index.html#Q2

Q: What is NBC Olympics Live Extra?
        A: A video experience featuring live streams of select U.S. Olympic Trials (June 23-July 2) and every sport on the London Olympic program, including Swimming, Gymnastics, Track & Field, Basketball and more. It’s available exclusively online at NBCOlympics.com and via the NBC Olympics “Live Extra” mobile/tablet App (available early July).

Q: What is required for accessing Live Extra content?
        A: You will need to verify that you subscribe to a cable, satellite or telco video tier that includes CNBC and MSNBC. There is no additional charge.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

The LiveExtra app looks great for the actual Olympics. The Trials could have been a good time to test everything out, but it looks like the apps aren't out yet.

--

Nashville, TN

xor

According to the info, they are going to stream "select" trials events.  I'm sure to test this exact thing.

Today is 6/22 (I know, it's my birthday! woot!)

They are advertising events starting 6/23.

It is possible everything will be working tomorrow and the stuff is intentionally not there at the moment.

Today is 6/22 (I know, it's my birthday! woot!)

Happy Happy Birthday! Big grin

Feeling the growl again

Holy crap Richards!  Way to make what otherwise could have been a very boring women's 10,000m.

I was a bit irritated by the whole Rupp "helping" Ritz thing though.  Typically if you are trying to help someone achieve a certain time, you actually get in front of them and do some of the work.  Rupp followed on his shoulder almost the whole race, and never took a step in front until he passed and immediately pulled away.  Ritz earned that A standard all by himself.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I thought I saw Rupp & Ritz changing off every 800, at least in the first half -- and only when it wasn't showing commercials, of course.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Feeling the growl again

I thought I saw Rupp & Ritz changing off every 800, at least in the first half -- and only when it wasn't showing commercials, of course.

Perhaps I missed it?  The commercial cutaways were annoying.  But at least it was on TV.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

xhristopher

Holy crap Richards!  Way to make what otherwise could have been a very boring women's 10,000m.

That was a gutsy run by Richards.

I don't know anything about this stuff so here's what I'm trying to figure out... Wouldn't it stand to reason that Uhl, Cheron-Bawcom, or even Flanagan had a disincentive to run the A standard yesterday and strategically not push that slightly faster pace earlier on in the race when it would have been necessary?

Feeling the growl again

I don't know anything about this stuff so here's what I'm trying to figure out... Wouldn't it stand to reason that Uhl, Cheron-Bawcom, or even Flanagan had a disincentive to run the A standard yesterday and strategically not push that slightly faster pace earlier on in the race when it would have been necessary?

Yes and no.

Yes, it was to their advantage that noone hit the standard in that race who didn't already have it.  However, even with them moving to the front, any chance at more than the solo effort we saw by one runner (whose name I can't remember) was put out of possibility early in the race due to the slow pace.  I didn't see them really trying to take a group into contention for the standard.

No, if one of them wanted to add a Trials Champion credential to their resume.  That's really the only reason for Flanagan to be there, to compete for a win/place there as she already said she wasn't running it in London.  In that case, you want to burn out the people with good kicks before you get into the closing laps where they can use that kick even if capable of a slower overall time.

Tiefsa

Why isn't Robby Andrews in the 800?  I thought that he was better at this race than the 1500?

mikeymike

Yes, that's why they didn't push the pace early on in the race.  At no point were they on pace to beat the A standard.  Even when the girl with the Cal singlet (Maier?) went out front alone, she was never quite on A standard pace.

Runners run

mikeymike

Why isn't Robby Andrews in the 800?  I thought that he was better at this race than the 1500?

Not sure why he is not in the 800, I figured he would double.  But it's not clear that the 800 is his better event and it seems more competitive this year--he may actually have a better chance of making the team in the 1500.  Maybe he just decided to focus all his energy there rather than have to run three 800 heats before the 1500 even starts.

Runners run

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Yes, that's why they didn't push the pace early on in the race.  At no point were they on pace to beat the A standard.  Even when the girl with the Cal singlet (Maier?) went out front alone, she was never quite on A standard pace.

Deb Maier of Cal from letsrun thread

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.