Average HR is missing on my workout. (Read 536 times)

Imported run this morning. It was there when I first looked at the run, and when I edited the details. Now, when I go back to look at the workout. Its missing. I am looking at the workout on Firefox 2.0.0.9 Linux.
    eric :)

dcv2002,

I am unable to reproduce this problem.  Could you provide me with a list of steps for me?  Thanks.

eric :-)

I have had this happen if I went in and edited out a bad high reading or change the average HR reading.

When I start my run, the first 5 minutes or so I get a very erratic reading from my Garmin HR monitor. I know its erratic when I hit 180, 30 seconds after I start running.  I usually go in and edit the HR data for the first mile. I import into Sporttracks and edit the heartrate data track, then update the RA HR data for that mile. The program started deleting the average heartrate after the RA upgrade.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Burnt Toast,

If this happens to you reliably, could you give me a list of steps to follow?  I can't reproduce this.

Also, what browser and version are you using?

Burnt Toast,

If this happens to you reliably, could you give me a list of steps to follow?  I can't reproduce this.

Also, what browser and version are you using?

I go into my taining log, workouts and pick a workout to edit. I open the workout and click the edit button of an interval, then click in the average HR box and change the number. Save the change to the interval and the HR ave and Max in the Health section are cleared out.

I am using IE 8.0.6 at work and EI 7? at home and this happens on both.

Can you edit a users log? if so try out yesterdays run in my log if you'd like. 

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Thanks Burnt Toast!  I was able to reproduce the problem with your directions.  I didn't realize it involves modifying the hr in the intervals.  I'll fix it when I get home tonight.
              Chris UK

When I start my run, the first 5 minutes or so I get a very erratic reading from my Garmin HR monitor. I know its erratic when I hit 180, 30 seconds after I start running.  

After you have fitted the strap put a good bit of spit on the back of your thumb and rub along both the contacts either side of the monitor on the inside of the strap. Also make sure the strap is fitting snugly enough. I have never had any problems with the Garmin readings. You can buy special gels as well - this is cheaper!!

3000 miles

Sub 19:00 for 5K  05-03-13 Clee Prom 5K - 19:00:66 that was bloody close!

Sub-40:00 for 10K 17-03-13 Gainsborough 10K - 39:43

Sub 88:00 for HM

After you have fitted the strap put a good bit of spit on the back of your thumb and rub along both the contacts either side of the monitor on the inside of the strap. Also make sure the strap is fitting snugly enough. I have never had any problems with the Garmin readings. You can buy special gels as well - this is cheaper!!

I've done the "spit" thing, ran it under water before strapping it on, use aloe vera gel and tighten the shit out of it and it still reads erratically for a few minutes. I have the older 301 forerunner, but have read other threads about this happening with a 305 too. SOme say I'm not warming up enough and that is possibly true as I usually stretch alittle and take of running because I only have so much time to get the miles in on my lunch hour. Warming up doesn't seem to make much of a difference.

I think it my have a little to do with the battery. I've replaced it once and for some time before I changed it, I would get the erratic readings along with a few random 128 and 220 readings. After changing the battery, I went a couple months without a random 128 reading and the erratic readings at the beginning of a run stopped. Now the erratic readins are back and  am starting to get the random 128 reading.

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Chris UK

I have the 305. Never had any problems with it but I did have similar problems with a previous sports watch. May be the battery then or sweat contaminating the contacts if the battery cover is suspect.

3000 miles

Sub 19:00 for 5K  05-03-13 Clee Prom 5K - 19:00:66 that was bloody close!

Sub-40:00 for 10K 17-03-13 Gainsborough 10K - 39:43

Sub 88:00 for HM

I found the problem.  When you modified the avg hr, it erased the workout avg hr.  I have fixed it.  Please confirm it is fixed for you too.
                        I found the problem.  When you modified the avg hr, it erased the workout avg hr.  I have fixed it.  Please confirm it is fixed for you too.

Working good for me now, thanks Eric

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life