Go home, puppy... (Read 3433 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

This is why we can never use our sofa:
    Ha...who's the head of the household...? Wink

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Lisa3.1

UConn, however, will scarf the entire bowl in five seconds - we finally bought her a "Slow Down Bowl" that has grooves in it - she has to work to get all the food out.
      Do they make a cat version of this? We could use it for our Thor. He INHALES his food, then pushes the other cats aside to eat theirs...then he frequently pukes because he ate too fast...for a while we fed him on a plate so that his food wouldn't be "funneled" into his mouth as easily. Roll eyes
      I want to know too. Kirsten, our orange cat is the same way. we have two cats, and he would eat everything first and leaving none for the other cat to eat, which is why she is tiny, and he is chubby, and he freq. throws up. Addie, if you know if there is such thing for cats, do let us know.
      Lisa3.1

Kirsten, also, our cats' dr. said that leaving enough throughout the day should help our cat not throw up, so that he doesn't get to hungry that he eats too fast, and throws up. does that make any sense to you It didn't to us.
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Kirsten, also, our cats' dr. said that leaving enough throughout the day should help our cat not throw up, so that he doesn't get to hungry that he eats too fast, and throws up. does that make any sense to you It didn't to us.
          No. We can't leave food out. When we go away for a weekend we'll sometimes leave out a ton...enough for more days than we're gone...Thor will eat continuously and is hungry continuously--and the food is always completely gone. Has been gluttonous since he was a kitten. He's always been super lazy, too. We're pretty certain that he's got a lot of Persian blood. They are known for their lazy ways. My folks leave food out all the time. They have a cat that is HUGE. Their girl cats are both small and healthy weight, but Ben is enormous. He makes Thor look emaciated. Ben is a puker, too. I think if a cat is going to be a glutton he/she's gonna be a glutton. Leaving food out for a cat with no "portion control" doesn't seem smart to me.

~ Sarah Kay

I want to know too. Kirsten, our orange cat is the same way. we have two cats, and he would eat everything first and leaving none for the other cat to eat, which is why she is tiny, and he is chubby, and he freq. throws up. Addie, if you know if there is such thing for cats, do let us know.
            I found the Slow Down Bowl at Petsmart, but it was in the dog department. I'm not sure if they have a cat one, BUT my parent's cats always ate too fast and puked too. Their vet had a GREAT idea!! Their bowl is pretty small, so the vet said to get one of those jumbo bouncy-ball things and put it in the middle of the dish. The cat's can't move that big of a ball, so they have to eat around it and can only take small bites. It is HILARIOUS, but it works! The only time they've puked recently is when I went home for a visit and took the ball out of the food, thinking they knocked one of their toys into their dish. Yeah, mom made me scrub the carpet for that one. Smile GOOD LUCK!!!
            "If you run 100 miles a week, you can eat anything you want - Why? Because (a) you'll burn all the calories you consume, (b) you deserve it, and (c) you'll be injured soon and back on a restricted diet anyway." ~ Don Kardong
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Their vet had a GREAT idea!! Their bowl is pretty small, so the vet said to get one of those jumbo bouncy-ball things and put it in the middle of the dish. The cat's can't move that big of a ball, so they have to eat around it and can only take small bites. It is HILARIOUS, but it works!
              Oh, that is a great idea! Plus Thor has a big head, so he'd have to work extra hard. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Lisa3.1

I found the Slow Down Bowl at Petsmart, but it was in the dog department. I'm not sure if they have a cat one, BUT my parent's cats always ate too fast and puked too. Their vet had a GREAT idea!! Their bowl is pretty small, so the vet said to get one of those jumbo bouncy-ball things and put it in the middle of the dish. The cat's can't move that big of a ball, so they have to eat around it and can only take small bites. It is HILARIOUS, but it works! The only time they've puked recently is when I went home for a visit and took the ball out of the food, thinking they knocked one of their toys into their dish. Yeah, mom made me scrub the carpet for that one. Smile GOOD LUCK!!!
                That's a Great idea, we will have to try that. I wonder if the slow down bowl could be used for cats also, despite that it is made for dogs.
                  If this posts right... UConn is on the left, Suka is on the right. Suka - he always has this goofy look on his face. This is why we can never use our sofa:
                  OMG! They are adorable!!!! And yes, I see the "bat ears" Too cute! I'm currently dogless and just want one sooooo bad I'm dying! thanks for posting.

- Anya

Maggie & Molly

I agree about the husky. I used to run with our Husky = he was great. I could clip his lease to my waist and away we went. He is far too old now but I miss it!!!! our newest guy is a lab/pit mix and he is way to hyper to run with - he can't stay focused on the run and has to check out everything along the way. Not good.

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
                    Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363