Post-Race Blues... (Read 817 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

And the best part is that it's less than a half hour away!
    And you can get yourself some yummy funnel cake at the Seaway Fest! Big grin

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Actually, the race doesn't get all that close to the festival itself, unfortunately.... Sad k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Actually, the race doesn't get all that close to the festival itself, unfortunately....
        Well, you're just gonna have to go there and make that funnel cake one of your rewards! Wink

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Well, you're just gonna have to go there and make that funnel cake one of your rewards! Wink
          Hmmm...maybe some deep fried Oreos, too! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

That Cherry Fest race DOES look fun, though. Too bad I am *trying* to not cram too much in this Summer so that hubby can train hard for his JDRF benefit ride in Montana in mid-Aug.
            Ooh! Ooh! I've got it! You drive up to TC for the Cherry Fest, and Did rides his bike! That's gotta be about 130 miles or so. Good training! Cool

yah, I had major post race blues after my first half marathon. COuldn't run for a few weeks. I think it's totally normal. After spending months waking up every morning to run with a goal in the distance and then BAM! it's over. I decided to plan a smaller race after big races...something to look forward to but not overwhelming in my recovery. you know, you could just walk around town with your medal around your neck for the next few weeks. Clowning around at least that's what I wanted to do, LOL! It would help the glory linger a bit longer. Blush

Jennifer mm#1231

K - did I say congratulations to you yet? If I didn't, good job! Be proud of your accomplishment! I like many of the suggestions here, esp. running a small town race that draws a less serious group and you are likely to finish in the upper brackets. I personally get a great buzz when that happens compared to coming in at the bottom half in the more strenous races that attract top notch runners. I'm also feeling my own personal post race blues myself and am looking for that small race as well.
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ooh! Ooh! I've got it! You drive up to TC for the Cherry Fest, and Did rides his bike! That's gotta be about 130 miles or so. Good training! Cool
                  Heh...I wonder if he would go for that?! Biggest problem with that race would be lodging--TC is $$$ during the Summer. Jen, I was REALLY tempted to wear my medal to brunch, yesterday. Wink Grun, that's a great point about those small races...though some smaller ones I have run have had the opposite thing--only the really strong runners seem to run those. I came in last in my AG at one of those last Fall. Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Heh...I wonder if he would go for that?! Biggest problem with that race would be lodging--TC is $$$ during the Summer.
                    The trick is to stay in Frankfort/Elberta (family used to have a cabin up there, but not anymore -- sorry) or better yet, Beulah (home of the Cherry Hut -- yummy! Smile ). About 30 mi from TC on Crystal Lake.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The trick is to stay in Frankfort/Elberta (family used to have a cabin up there, but not anymore -- sorry) or better yet, Beulah (home of the Cherry Hut -- yummy!). About 30 mi from TC on Crystal Lake.
                      Yeah, that's the tourist trick! During GH CG fest we will even have people staying in places up our way--and we're 45 minutes north of GH. k

~ Sarah Kay

Go Pre!

Two words... SHOPPING SPREE!
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Two words... SHOPPING SPREE!
                          Retail therapy is ALWAYS good stuff! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay