RA Movie Thread (Read 5918 times)

I look my best blurry!

Just watched The Soloist on demand with Jamie Foxx and Robert Downey Jr.  WOW!  Deep, inspirational, depressing, funny.  I loved this movie.  I need to go for a run to shake it off.

Imminent Catastrophe

"...People will come Ray. The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... people will come Ray. People will most definitely come..."

Greatness.

I stumbled across this tonight. This is one of a handful of movies that, once I've started watching, I just can't stop. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Despicable Me...awesome if you have kids--or even if you don't.  Funny, cute, great voice talents.  Dane was happy to hear Miranda Cosgrove's (iCarly) voice.  He has a total crush on her.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Inception...holy crap that was cool!  I think it may be one of those movies that will only be awesome the first time, though.  I can't imagine it having the same impact on subsequent viewings.

~ Sarah Kay

Inception...holy crap that was cool!  I think it may be one of those movies that will only be awesome the first time, though.  I can't imagine it having the same impact on subsequent viewings.

I don't know...I saw it last night and I am ready to go back.  I loved it.  I mean, I love C. Nolan as a writer and a filmmaker soooooooooooo very much.  There is no one like him.  Some of the stuff I saw in the film last night that I thought was special effects was actually all just shot w/a camera...incredible.  Now I kinda want to watch it again!

It was like when I learned the he actually flipped a semi in Dark Knight versus CGI...doesn't happen much these days.  I rewind and watch that truck flip over again and again.  I love Christopher Nolan.  It is so rare for a filmmaker to take the time that he does to get it right. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Pan's Labyrinth...wow. I feel emotionally drained. What an amazing film. You know it's a good foreign flick when you forget you are reading sub-titles and listening to people speak a language you don't understand! Smile k

FINALLY on iTunes.  Just downloaded it.  Next in the queue...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

FINALLY on iTunes.  Just downloaded it.  Next in the queue...

Have you seen it, before?  So amazing.  I kind of want to see it again, but I am certain it wouldn't have the impact the second time.

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Enjoy.  Definitely a well-told story.  I wonder if The Hobbit will ever actually be made...

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Also downloading Kick Ass.
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Also downloading Kick Ass.

Ooh, I want to see that!  I thought that was still in theaters...has it really been out long enough to be on download?  *remembers when it took at least a year from theater to video* /old woman

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

These days iTunes and others have some movies available within a week or two of them hitting the big screens.
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Finally got around to seeing The Crazies...wow, I just love anything George Romero touches (apparently it's a remake).  Zombie-esque nail-biter...with government conspiracies and pandemic viral themes.  A bit X-Filesish and very much right up my alley.  VERY well done for a 95 minute, relatively low-budget film.  No big Hollywood actors, but some very nice performances.  RottenTomatoes.com scored it with 71%, which is pretty good.

~ Sarah Kay

Imminent Catastrophe

The Cove

Academy Award for Best Feature Documentary.

Wow. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

xor

I thought I was tuning into Gattaca, which I've not seen before.

About 10 minutes in, I realized it was another movie I've also not seen before... but which is nothing like Gattaca.

Friends, if you think you are sitting down to cool sci-fi Gattaca, don't confuse it with Gothika.