Any recommended half-marathons in the Midwest in the fall? (Read 751 times)

I'm looking for a good, preferrably somewhat fast, half-marathon in October sometime. I'd like to stay in the midwest, as I usually have to work at least 1 day of the weekend, so would like to make it an overnight trip within reasonable driving distance. Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions, that would be great. For those of you looking to run a fast course in the St. Louis, MO area, in September, check out the Lewis & Clark Marathon/Half Marathon. http://www.fleetfeetstl.com/specialevents/lewisandclark.htm I work for FLEET FEET, who is putting the race on. I'm the Race Timing Manager, so I'll be in charge of the timing there. Would love to see some RA people attend.

Sack up and run.

I'd recommend running Detroit as a half. I've done it (the half) four times and it's a great event. The course crosses the bridge into Canada, runs along the riverfront, and comes back through the tunnel. It's pretty amazing. The event is well organized. Apart from the grade on the bridge and the tunnel, it's flat and fast. Good luck!