Won the local winter grand prix series (Read 736 times)

Monomoy

I set a goal to win my age division for the local winter grand prix race series held each winter.  We have a very competative local group of about 200 runners, and we beat each other up in the winter grand prix race series.  7 races, and you can drop your 2 worst finishes.

On Sunday I was 3rd overall,and first in my age group to clinch my age group.  It was a very cold and snowy day for the race, and a great way to finish the series.  Now I'm going to focus on training for the Boston Marathon in April.  I've never run a marathon, but have a number through a club waiver.

Hopefully my knees will hold out.....

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Congrats, and good luck on your marathon!

There's no series around here; it would be interesting if there were.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I set a goal to win my age division for the local winter grand prix race series held each winter.  We have a very competative local group of about 200 runners, and we beat each other up in the winter grand prix race series.  7 races, and you can drop your 2 worst finishes.

On Sunday I was 3rd overall,and first in my age group to clinch my age group.  It was a very cold and snowy day for the race, and a great way to finish the series.  Now I'm going to focus on training for the Boston Marathon in April.  I've never run a marathon, but have a number through a club waiver.

Hopefully my knees will hold out.....

Congrats.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

ultramarathon/triathlete

way to go!  nice work :-)

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
          Gatorade Endurance Team

BeeRunB

Congratulations! Keep going!

Display that trophy proudly in the front window!

--JimmyCool

Monomoy

Thanks All!

Good luck with all your goals!

SM