Do you take salt tablets on the run? (Read 3474 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Nobody really knows.
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Nobody really knows.
      Tell your peeps to get on that! It's horrid. DH hardly ever deals with those, but I get them from time to time and it nearly throws me from the bed. I get 'em in my calves and sometimes my toes.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Go Pre!

Nobody really knows.
        seriously? what about hiccups?
        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Go Pre!

diaphragm spasms
          what causes the dia frag 'em spasm?
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

seriously? what about hiccups?
            Do you get hiccups while running? Man, that would suck. I belch a lot while running. I'm such a lady. Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Mitch & Pete's Mom

Do you get hiccups while running? Man, that would suck. I belch a lot while running. I'm such a lady. Big grin
              Sheesh, that's nothing, my girl running partners and I just joke about the pre-run "excuse me, for I may have some serious farts during this run." Evil grin We can't always eat that perfect pre-run meal.
              Carlsbad 1/2 marathon 1/26.

Menace to Sobriety

Sheesh, that's nothing, my girl running partners and I just joke about the pre-run "excuse me, for I may have some serious farts during this run."
                Nothing wrong with a little jet propulsion, but only outdoors. We have a few folks at the Y that feel like its OK to let 'em rip on the treadmill....SBDs, too, so no advance warning. It sucks to be breathing hard and suck one of those foul stink bombs deep in the lungs. Dead

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

12-week layoff

Rather that than the serious monster breath. At least the farts are temporary. And how about the people who believe that they must, must, must douse themselves with AXE before working out. Again, I think farts smell better than AXE.

Menace to Sobriety

And how about the people who believe that they must, must, must douse themselves with AXE before working out. Again, I think farts smell better than AXE.
                    You mean AXE doesn't make women go crazy hot for you?! I guess I'll see if I can return that 55 gallon drum I just got. Ditto perfume. We have a handful of older women that feel they have to wear tons of perfume. They come in wearing slacks and one of those home shopping network applique sweaters, like they're going to walk the dog. Gadzooks, I can hardly beath its so strong. Then they look at me like I just farted when I'm slingin' sweat all over the place.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

For what it is worth, I sweat a fair amount and I have experienced terrible cramping in both of my previous marathons. On Sun, I consumed 4 GUs (at 1:00, 1:45, 2:15 and 3:00) with about 2-4 oz of water with each and regular Gatorade at the other stops (to thirst). No salt tabs. No cramping. Nothing about my pre-race morning nutrition changed from previous races. It is worth mentioning that the temps were cool on race morning. By the end of the race, though cool, the sun was shining and there were plenty of salt covered runners at the finish. And, I feel I was much better prepared than past marathons. I am not sure that salt tablets add much value in cooler temps.

Non ducor, duco.

Trent, what causes charley horses in the middle of the night? It may be the most godawful way to be woken from a deep sleep. What I had on race day felt just like that, only with multiple muscles at once.
                        I have the same thing and have had it for my entire life! If I stretch my legs to a certain point when I am in bed (and only when Im in bed) they are guaranteed to cramp. If I catch my mistake quickly enough, and flex my feet, I can avoid the cramp. I have tried eating potassium-rich foods out the wahzu but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I am a BIG salt sweater. When I get done running my black bra tops are streaked with white 96.5% of the time. I wish I could fix it.