losing weight (Read 1095 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

i think my tummy would notice if i ate foul meat.
    Doh. Wink er, "fowl" sheesh
      No, the Japanese eat fewer calories per day than we do. So too do the French. And the Italians. And just about every society that has an old food culture. Which is something we do not have. So we instead eat scienced up junk-food-products rather than fresh fruit and veggies, whole grains and natural proteins in moderation.
      Agreed!!!!! Michael Pollan sums up two entire books his written on food and nutrition with this simple bit of advice, that Americans almost completely ignore: Eat Food. Not too much. Mostly Plants.

Sandi Sue

I wanna be back to 110 in anout 2 weeks. i am 113-115 right now. we are only conditioning right now in track, but the real workouts are coming soon, i dont wanna be dieting then, cuz it might hurt my speed workouts i think. please help. thank you thank you
        I think it's sad to read your post about how to lose three to five pounds in two weeks at the ripe old age of 16 YO. I think you might just want to not lose your perspective and just enjoy running track in high school and not worry about your weight which, unless your 3 feet tall doesn't sound that bad.

Races for 2013:

Kluane Bike Relay (4 legs 70 miles)

Calgary 70.3 (72.3)

Aukeman Sprint Triathlon 8/6/2013

Pain is Temporary  Pride is Forever

Prophet!

talk to the wrestling team. Those guys know how to cut few pounds off fast to make weight.

Reading through this thread, I see no reason to worry. Try to eat well, concentrate on your training, and let your body do its own thing. I wouldn't recommend that you try to lose weight; if it happens, it happens, but 3 pounds really isn't going to make a difference. I weigh myself daily as a way of keeping tabs on my health, and if I gain or lose 3 pounds in the span of a day or two then I might worry, or if I steadily lose weight for a few days in a row then I might worry, but otherwise it's just natural fluctuations (or in your case natural growth as you mature) - you seem to be already leading a healthy lifestyle and are at a healthy weight, so unless you put on another 5 to 10 pounds in short order I wouldn't worry about it and would just concentrate on your running. Your body will adjust itself accordingly.

Run to Win
            25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Think Whirled Peas

Penalty. Snark. Five yards, repeat second down.
              Aw, come ON, ya big ape. Can't you see that snark was intentional?!?!?! That's fifteen yards, easy. And you call yourself a ref...SHEESH.

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

ashares

talk to the wrestling team. Those guys know how to cut few pounds off fast to make weight.
                yeah, they dont eat. Surprised
                ashares

anyways, i started keeping a food log and planning meals, etc. i thinks thats gonna help me out. plus i decided not to lose it so fast. thanks for advice, im trying to drink more water and i think its helping. Yes