Longest run-last one before marathon. (Read 799 times)

Giants Fan

22.33 miles today! Mentally I didn't want to do it, its the last long run before marathon and my legs are tired from this last month of training. But, I got off my butt and went and made it. All downhill from here--15 then 10 last two long runs before race. Wish me luck!

"I think I've discovered the secret of life- you just hang around until you get used to it."

Charles Schulz

22.33 miles today! Mentally I didn't want to do it, its the last long run before marathon and my legs are tired from this last month of training. But, I got off my butt and went and made it. All downhill from here--15 then 10 last two long runs before race. Wish me luck!
      Go get 'em - best of luck to you!! (Even though you're a Giants fan.) Roll eyes EAGLES 38 Rams 3

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

If you hit a rough patch at your marathon, you'll be able to think of this run and KNOW your many hours and miles have prepared you well to get through it. Great job, best of luck to you! MTA: Just took a peek, nice pace too!

E.J.
        Greater Lowell Road Runners
        Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Dave

Great job, midwest. I have to admit I'm a bit jealous. Would love to have all the hard work behind me instead of in front. What's your time goal? Your log is a thing of beauty so whatever it is, I suspect you're on track Wink

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Giants Fan

Gee thanks!! Pretty proud of my mileage myself...My time goal is honestly anything under 4. At first it was just to finish...now it is hopefully right under 4. 3 weeks left til race day!

"I think I've discovered the secret of life- you just hang around until you get used to it."

Charles Schulz

Another Passion

Gee thanks!! Pretty proud of my mileage myself...My time goal is honestly anything under 4. At first it was just to finish...now it is hopefully right under 4. 3 weeks left til race day!
              There's no substitute for preparation and you've prepared well. You're going to do well. Don't focus too much on the sub-4 time goal in your first race and just enjoy the experience taking it all in. Good luck!

Rick
              "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
              "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
              runningforcassy.blogspot.com

But, I got off my butt and went and made it.
                You'll be glad you did - on marathon day....GOOD LUCK.....

Champions are made when no one is watching