Stretching can be VERY bad for your health (Read 3524 times)

Slice

Uh...That was me at Percy. Quit stalking. And all my running socks were dirty that day.

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

jfa

you DID notice the cotton socks didn't you??Roll eyes

socks? what socks?

I was too busy noticing the lack of a Garmin or RoadID band.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

ud32

Is there a link somewhere to the Pfitz stretches - perhaps a good routine to start for the new year.

Just started the Pfitz stretches myself, but I don't have a swiss ball....thank goodness.

obviously not a real runner. . . .  what kind of moron wears bunched up cotton socks like that?

Rofl, I do!

Maybe not THAT long and bunched up though. 

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that. "If I am still standing at the end of the race, hit me with a Board and knock me down, because that means I didn't run hard enough" If a lot of people gripped a knife and fork the way they do a golf club, they'd starve to death. "Don't fear moving slowly forward...fear standing still."

Kalsarikännit

obviously not a real runner. . . .  what kind of moron wears bunched up cotton socks like that?

Those are the same 1980's era socks that Hooters waitresses still wear.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

DoppleBock

I wear socks like that every day - < $1 per pair.  Once upon a time I wore them for 150+ miles straight in a 24 hour race - 1 pair of socks for all 24 hours.  No blisters, no hot spots ... same pair of shoes also.  As long as they are not bunched up in the shoe area.

I won 12 pair of drymax socks in a contest - I guess they were nice, but I go 4-6 runs out of a $10-$20 pair of socks.  So I guess I am the cheap moron who wears cotton socks ... But to me all of you have been brain washed into pampering your feet and have gotten soft.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

bhearn

Is there a link somewhere to the Pfitz stretches - perhaps a good routine to start for the new year.

I don't believe so. They're new in the 2nd edition of Advanced Marathoning. I do them twice / week (skipping the swiss ball stretches, fortunately), along with Pfitz's strength exercises twice / week and core exercises thrice / week.

JimR

I'm so glad I wasn't driving by while that picture was being taken.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I'm so glad I wasn't driving by while that picture was being taken.

Yes, it's so distracting learning a new way to stretch.  From kunland.

Queen of 3rd Place

Ex runner

LOL that's funny! Clown

Imminent Catastrophe

This explains why Desiree came in third.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Only a female would have ever noticed what kind of socks a Hootergirl wears :-)    --- I'd bet 20 bucks that prior to that question just being asked, that no guy in this entire country could have told you what kind of socks hooter girls wear.  Approve

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

dotatl

You have all missed the point.  Stretching like that is not good for the lamp-post