I'm creating a monster! (Read 1200 times)

He looks great in pic #1; clearly fading in pic #2.  No doubt he will improve his pacing and focus as he gains experience.

Congratulations to him from the interwebs!   He probably isn't thrilled about Mom bragging about him to the world, but too bad.

Well at least someone here is making relevance to the subject.

Needs more cowbell!

Thanks! He's already decided he doesn't want to wait until 2013 to crush his PR, so we'll do a turkey trot and apply some of his new knowledge. He's well and truly hooked!

Kirsten - aka "Auntie Kirsten"

'14 Goals:

• 2 olympic distance duathlons -- 6 days apart -- PR at least 1

• 130#s (and stay there, gotdammit!)

Back to the PBone thing, that quartet would be awesome.  I'd buy one and join your combo if I lived anywhere near.  Just curious, do they sound like s***?

I don't think you'll see them in the Chicago Symphony any time soon, but they sound like a trombone to me. It would be interesting to do a blindfold test with pros and amateurs. There are sound variations in metal  trombones, so there has got to be a "plastic" sound.  They are pretty amazing, though.

MTA  I play a selmer K modified

And great kid pics, by the way.

Needs more cowbell!

And great kid pics, by the way.

Thanks!  And it's pretty cool to hear real musicians so impressed with the Pbone.  For $150 it does sound like a pretty cool "toy."  I'm surprised I don't see more of them around.  It kind of makes more sense than renting a low-end trombone for a kid that's just going to damage it, most likely.

'14 Goals:

I wonder if it's getting widespread use in beginning band programs.

Well at least someone here is making relevance to the subject.

Needs more cowbell!

I wonder if it's getting widespread use in beginning band programs.

One of the RA users is in Scotland and said that she's seen them used in her school's band program.  I think she teaches in a primary school.  Schools could buy a fleet of these things and rent them out themselves, I'd think.

'14 Goals: