My first 10-mile run (Read 815 times)

Spine

Broke the double digit barrier this morning at Forest Park in Portland, Oregon. Beautiful morning--birds singing, air nice and fresh, low 50s. By the end of it I had some soreness in my left hip flexor, and a strange new pain at the base of my left big toe. But nothing major. I've only been running since last fall so I feel like I'm doing pretty well for a 38-year-old dude with a history of knee trouble. It's all about the midfoot strike--thanks, ChiRunning! I'm training for a 20K trail run on May 24. Onward!
    AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Congratulations -- hope you recover comfortably and are happily pushing up your max distance again in a couple weeks Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

redleaf

That is pretty impressive! Congrats.

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Nice work! Big grin

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Right on Hereford...

Hey, your first 10-miler is a huge milestone, congrats! Keep up the good work, and keep an eye out for those injuries.
            DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

It's all about the midfoot strike--thanks, ChiRunning!
              Congratulations!! That is so cool...I'm pretty sure a 10 miler gives you rockstar status! On a side note: I just purchased ChiRunning meself Smile

Being the best tiny spec that I can be!

Spine

Thanks for the encouraging words, all!
                Ben Running

Congrats Spine! I do my first 10 Miler this weekend. I did 9 last Saturday and i was pretty proud of that. Cant wait to hit the double digits.
                    I had my first 10 miler today since I was a little freshman (3 1/2 years ago) today! And even when I was a freshman I only had one because it included the warmup and cooldown.
                    C.J

RunningKidCJ

I'm doing pretty well for a 38-year-old dude with a history of knee trouble.
                      Very well done Spine, Not bad for a 38-year-old-dude with knee troubles Tongue