Running in Auburn (Read 920 times)

ud32

Just saw the post about Atlanta, how about good trails to run on in Auburn near the University ? any ideas ?

When I saw this post, I was thinking Auburn, CA, which has GREAT trail running.  I know nothing about Auburn, GA.  Good luck!

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

an amazing likeness

Lewiston-Auburn trails has a nice network of trails.  Check out ther trail map at LA Trails dot org.  These are near the University and Bates College.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

GatsbyBird

When I saw this post, I was thinking Auburn, CA, which has GREAT trail running.  I know nothing about Auburn, GA.  Good luck!

Ha ha, me too.  Was going to mention the drawing for WS places next weekend but never mind.

3/30/24 Rattlesnake Dick 25k, Cool, CA

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Interesting post. Any other states with Auburn - besides CA and ME which have already mentioned. I think OP might be referring to the one in GA or there's an Atlanta near an Auburn in another state. Wink

Looks like there's an Auburn in WA, AL, NY.

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog
            xhristopher

I did my freshman year of college at Auburn and even took "jogging" for an easy A. So, I did some jogging while there. The campus is huge and spiraling and it's a college town with sidewalks all over. You can loop all over the place with no problem. Go and explore.

War Eagle!!!

joescott

Looks like there's an Auburn in WA, AL, NY.

There's also a little bitty Auburn, KS, where I finished my HM PR.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

xhristopher

Don't forget Auburn, MA. All I know is that it's on the Mass Pike near Worcester. Don't know much about running there but presume it's allowed in most places.

ud32

Never knew there were so many towns called Auburn - GA is where I'll be heading for a few days. Thanks

over 70,000 live in Auburn, Washington.  So it's not a small town either. 

There's an Auburn Indiana too. Home of this pretty cool museum: http://www.automobilemuseum.org/Pages/default.aspx

Mrcrumpton

Columbus Georgia has a great river walk that is very accessible to Auburn AL and is worth the short drive to stay off of the side walks.  Its roughly 10 miles so you can put pleny of mile on a roundtrip to your car. Very safe and well lit.

2013 Goals

• 5K-20:00
                          • 10K-44:00
                          • 1/2 Marathon-1:38
                          • Marathon-3:30
                          • Complete 50 Miler

kcam

Never knew there were so many towns called Auburn - GA is where I'll be heading for a few days. Thanks

You sure you're not going to Auburn, AL?!

ud32

Yikes ! Yes - flying into GA then driving to Alabama!
                              xhristopher

OK, since it's settled that you are headed to AL I'm going to throw out Chewacla State Park. It's just outside of Auburn on the other side of 85. I've only mountain biked there but think it would be good for running and may be a nice alternative to sidewalks and roads. I don't think the copperheads, cottonmouths, and rattlesnakes will be too active this time of year...

Auburn is a college town and sidewalks abound. You'll have no problem just looping around. If the weather is bad, or too dark, you might consider running in the Coliseum. You could just go in and run, assuming there was no scheduled event. It's nice and round, about 12 laps per mile. That knowledge is 20 years old so it may not be open for evening running any longer.