Why isn't there a thread for the Olympics yet? (Read 373 times)

I love watching the Olympics. For two weeks there's something good on TV every night. Sports I don't follow for three years & eleven months I suddenly find compelling. Hell, I even watched the figure skating championship held in Boston last month so I would be familiar with some of the contestants. Did you see Ashley Wagner skate to Shine on You Crazy Diamond by Pink Floyd? I'm having fun trying to figure out how to score curling. I like the fact you can see entire hockey games (holy crap the US women can shoot the puck) The picture & sound quality of the coverage is fantastic on HDTV. It's all wicked good in my book.

sugnim

sugnim wtf is growing out of the back of your head?

It is a hawk feather I found on a particularly memorable, and tough mountain run.

The winter Olympics are helping me keep my sanity on the treadmill this winter. Amazing athletes!

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

dennrunner

They do. Some almost as much as we hate each other.

Oh..and Curling Rocks!

You must have some big stones to try a joke like that.

Feeling the growl again

You must have some big stones to try a joke like that.

I'm just going to let that one slide...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

mikeymike

Track and field connection: US mogul skier Heather Kearney scored for Hanover High School at the NH state meet in long jump and triple jump.

Runners run

Entertaining, but the side stories really get old.

Get off my porch

Track and field connection: US mogul skier Heather Kearney scored for Hanover High School at the NH state meet in long jump and triple jump.

Interesting fact related to that race.... the Canadian sisters who beat Heather Kearney (Justine & Chloe LaPointe) were sailors during the summer who later found passion with skiing in the winters when their water was frozen.  The 3rd sister (Maxime Lapointe) finished 12th in that same event.

No track and field connection though.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Walk-Jogger

Those Russian mosquito's are pretty impressive . . .

Retired &  Loving It

Kalsarikännit

Attention ladies:  Unlike running, apparently ski jumping does not cause your uterus to fall out.

MTA:  I should link to the Deadspin article that I stole this pic from. It is good stuff.  http://deadspin.com/why-it-took-90-years-for-womens-ski-jumping-to-make-th-1520520342

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Feeling the growl again

Those Russian mosquito's are pretty impressive . . .

Especially when they fire a Hellfire into your ass in the middle of a 720...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Joann Y

MTA:  I should link to the Deadspin article that I stole this pic from. It is good stuff.  http://deadspin.com/why-it-took-90-years-for-womens-ski-jumping-to-make-th-1520520342

This article is good stuff indeed.

"If a man gets a serious injury, it's still not fatal, but for women it could end much more seriously," a Russian ski jumping coach said. "Women have another purpose—to have children, to do housework, to create hearth and home."

So ladies, watch out not to get hurt while ski jumping cause when you get home someone might get killed if the laundry isn't done. F*k.

mikeymike

These Olympics suck. The US of A isn't even winning at the events we invented specifically for the purpose of racking up more medals, like slopestyle and super pipe.

I am boycotting Coca-Cola products in protest.

Runners run

running > all else

Figure skating has been pretty good this year...and I love snow boarding. I wish I learned how to do that...

I've always wondered how one practices such a thing? Oops, fell on my head...for the 30th time...eek. That seems so wrong. lol

You'll ruin your knees!

This member of the 4-man US Bobsled Team went to high school with my son.  I don't remember him being "door challenged" back then...

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)