Google does not want you to donate to RunningAHEAD (Read 3025 times)

BeeRunB

I know Paypal takes a cut, but it was much easier for us and doesn't require creating an account.  Just put under the Donate button that Paypal takes 2.9% +.30 for each transaction, and we can figure it in. No need to eliminate an option that has no problem with donations. Lots of us have Paypal accounts, which makes it easy for transferring.

Holidays are coming.

--Jimmy

Renee the dog

Yes, please do switch to paypal!

I wanted to give some $$ a few months back, but didn't want a google acct.  So, I'll be glad to pony up as I surely use this service a whole lot!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

I try to donate at least once/year and I am due. Lets get Paypal going and we can all adjust for what they charge.

bob e v
        2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

Please do PayPal - I wanted to chip in this Christmas.

Eric - if you want to go the sticker route I could do some research for you for cost analysis.  I'd be more than willing to help you with this.

gracerunner

If you donate 25.00, Paypal will take 1.03 of it. It's 30 cents +2.9%.

(If you want to donate a clean 25.00, donate about 26.10 or so.)

Not bad for a handy on-line service that requires no account sign-up or registration like Google does.

I'm not sure why the owner switched. if it was just to save 50 cents here and there, it wasn't worth it. I wanted to donate but don't like having to register and create a username and password in order to pay. And there is no way to send him a check as he keeps his whereabouts private (which he shouldn't do if he is selling and accepting money), at least I can't find any location for RunningAhead's business office on this website. If I missed it, I stand corrected.

You guys got me thinking about creating bumper stickers.  That's an easy way to identify fellow users at races.

I know a little more, but how about those car magnets instead of a sticker.  Easwy to move from car to car and no damage if need to remove.

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it Great!

Another Passion

Eric,

Have anything in the works yet as, like the rest that have expressed, I would like to drop you some moola before the end of the year as well.  I like the PayPal idea and I don't think anyone would have a problem including the extra fees in their donation in order to keep some round numbers for you.  Thanks for the site and your work, Eric. 

Rick
                "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                runningforcassy.blogspot.com

I'm not sure why the owner switched. if it was just to save 50 cents here and there, it wasn't worth it.

I would strongly recommend reading the thread, or at least the title of the thread.

Thank you for taking the time to read my signature!

Old, Slow, Happy

Eric,

Have anything in the works yet as, like the rest that have expressed, I would like to drop you some moola before the end of the year as well.  I like the PayPal idea and I don't think anyone would have a problem including the extra fees in their donation in order to keep some round numbers for you.  Thanks for the site and your work, Eric. 

+1

The dough is just buring a hole in my pocket.

I wanna sticker AND I wanna donate.  Maybe not in that order.  But I love stickers and I love RA.

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Eric, like many participants I greatly appreciate your site and would like to make a contribution to help with your support costs -- especially this time of year.  Is it possible for you to just get a post office box where we could send a check.  Thanks.
                        eric :)

Hi everyone!

Thank you for your kind offer.  My plan was to work on switching over to PayPal this weekend.  That went out fthe window Saturday morning when my development machine was fried.  I spent the rest of the weekend setting up a new machine.  Hopefully I can get it done in the next week or two.

Happy holidays everyone!

eric :-)

Old, Slow, Happy

Hey Eric,

Thanks for all your hard work, even when we make extra work just so we can donate.  Your efforts are greatly appreciated.  You have given us a great place to log our activities and interact.  Your site has atttacted a terrific number of dedicated people along with a nice mix of social deviants.  I, for one, am certainly happy that I found RA when THOSE OTHER PEOPLE  took over Cool Running. 

Thanks again and Happy Holidays!!!

Large Richard

Yup, thanks Eric for all your hard work!!  You are sooooo appreciated!  Have a great holiday!

RunsForCake

So as of today there is no way to donate to the site?