Long run advice? (Read 963 times)

Non ducor, duco.

It didn't go well. You know that feeling you get about 2 miles in when you've loosened up and just kind of go? That didn't happen and I kind of knew then it was going to be a crappy run. I waited until too late in the am, the sun was beating down on me and I ran out of water 5 miles in. I stopped at the town park for more water at mile six and just didn't have it after that. Thanks for all your tips - I'm sure I'll get that 8 mile run in before the end of August. I'm headed for the Caribbean next week so it'll have to wait. I'll be at a research station in the rainforest and I'm not sure I'll be able to run much there. If I can though, I be out there with a machete cutting myself a path as I run.
    It takes me a couple of times to run a new distance before it becomes comfortable. I really think that a lot of it is mental. Be proud that you did it tho! Now all day you have earned the right to look around and think, "I bet most of these people didn't run X miles today." That is secretly my favorite part of long runs. Bummer about the Caribbean trip. Sounds like a terrible thing to have to do. Smile
      It will be better next time.......its not always easy - thats why so many of our friends and family members don't do it.... Try again week after next..........I would skip a weekend before attempting again, but Ill be it will ge pretty good next time...... Let up know how it turns out...

Champions are made when no one is watching