Problems with Runner's World website (Read 825 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

In the last week or so I have tried to play with that feature that puts together a workout plan for you--doesn't work on 3 different browsers. So then I tried their engine for finding running shoes--also does not work...well, I did get it to work briefly with IE (shudder), but only once. Makes me wonder if it's something wonky on their end. I'm on a Mac and tried Safari and Firefox, in addition to IE. Do those features work for any of you on PCs, or are they non-functional for anyone else on a Mac? TIA, k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

aes

I was having problems a few days ago too. I just tried it this morning and it came up. If you can't do it today, let me know and maybe I could copy it into a word doc and email it to you or something. Maybe I could try to send the link... Let me know!
        I couldn't get the shoe finder to work last night and gave up-I've used it in the past. Yes
        vicentefrijole

I've had problems with the runner's world site in the past (not recently.. gave up trying). Sometimes it works better than others, but I'm also on a Mac, which may contribute to the problem. However, if the smartest, best-looking (and most humble) people are using Macs, then why shouldn't these websites work harder to better suit our needs? Big grin Roll eyes In reality, I am getting a little tired of the poor support certain companies give to Mac users. Angry I recently returned a Nike Triax Elite HRM and watch system because I realized they didn't have decent Mac support and didn't plan on improving it (vs Garmin which has started to impliment Mac support and is constantly improving it).
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I've had problems with the runner's world site in the past (not recently.. gave up trying). Sometimes it works better than others, but I'm also on a Mac, which may contribute to the problem. However, if the smartest, best-looking (and most humble) people are using Macs, then why shouldn't these websites work harder to better suit our needs? Big grin Roll eyes In reality, I am getting a little tired of the poor support certain companies give to Mac users. Angry I recently returned a Nike Triax Elite HRM and watch system because I realized they didn't have decent Mac support and didn't plan on improving it (vs Garmin which has started to impliment Mac support and is constantly improving it).
            :nods head vigorously: Yeah, companies think that since Mac users still make up a fairly small share of computer owners that they are saving money by not also catering to us--but how much do they lose when we choose to boycott ALL of their products because they are unwilling to assist a few customers? And last I knew the number of people using Macs was on the rise, so that might really come back to bite these companies in the foot (ass?) if they don't change their business practices. Speaking of Garmin, if I ever get up into single run mileage of much over 15 I think I would want a Forerunner--those are really cool! And I'm glad to hear that they are working on full Mac support--even more reason to lust after those! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay