I was putting on my running shoe and... (Read 1430 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

On-topic: my running shoes live on top of the clothes dryer.  I tend to find sticks, Lego pieces and whatever other crap my son tosses in there for reasons unknown.

Saturday--before we headed out for the epic ride--I felt something inside one of my cycling shoes.  I knew it would bug me all day if I didn't see what it was (I suspected it was a bit of bark or pine needles, since those always end up in my shoes).  Nope, it was 2 small, closed safety pins.  NO clue how those ended up there! Confused

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jfa

Race bib pins?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Race bib pins?

I'm sure they were...but I have no clue how they got in my shoe.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Oh roo roooo!

My theory was that I killed it when I put on the shoe but only caught the wrath of the stinger a mile into the race.   

"Was you ever bit by a dead bee?"--To Have and Have Not, 1944, w/Bogie and Lauren Bacall. 

I guess it happens!

Cave cricket or regular cricket?

I HATE cave crickets.    We never had those in Michigan, when I first moved here, I actually didn't know what they were.... So gross.

But, they are a lot of fun for my cats...

Oh, has anyone noticed the Orb Weavers yet?  It's spider season.  Yay!!!!  I have a big fat juicy one right out  my office window.  I  L OVE  Orb Weavers!

- Anya

I HATE cave crickets.    We never had those in Michigan, when I first moved here, I actually didn't know what they were.... So gross.

Oh, has anyone noticed the Orb Weavers yet?  It's spider season.  Yay!!!!  I have a big fat juicy one right out  my office window.  I  L OVE  Orb Weavers!

Orb spiders are the BEST!!!!  Sure beats the brown recluse that built a nest in an unused bathroom sink!!!

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Yes, they are plentiful this year.  Unfortunately, they pop up across the back door or the gate I have to take my through in the morning.  Last year I ran directly into one that was across the sidewalk.  I guess the spider bailed in time, so she didn't join me on the run, but after I returned home, I saw the web pattern was nicely imprinted on my glasses.  Probably on my face as well.

#artbydmcbride

You're not going to eat it, are you??   Surprised

Runners run

You're not going to eat it, are you??   Surprised

Nah, but, man you do need to be careful of the webs. They are everywhere.  

I had a baby one in a web off my drivers side mirror this morning.  And yes, I re-located it to a safe place.  But, did not eat it ;-)

Wonder what they're going to do during the hurricane?

- Anya

Was doing the " Heil Hitler" this morning --- Orb webs everywhere !!!!

I mean everywhere!

- Anya

Oh roo roooo!

Spiders and their webs are cool, but my appreciation of both is somewhat tempered by their closeness to my face--have almost dislocated neck vertebrae on occasion when walking or running in wooded areas and encountering a web across the face!  Eeeks, it gives me shivers to think of it...

Spiders and their webs are cool, but my appreciation of both is somewhat tempered by their closeness to my face--have almost dislocated neck vertebrae on occasion when walking or running in wooded areas and encountering a web across the face!  Eeeks, it gives me shivers to think of it...

Yes, that's why I run with my arm out in front,  ala Heil Hitler.  Better to get it on the hand, and not the hair.     Especially when it's pitch black out. Those webs are impossible to see. 

- Anya