First Half Marathon - 1:55:46 (Read 694 times)

Thanks for sharing that. It really inspired me--I've just started training for my first half. It's not until September, so I have plenty of time--I hope!
      Right on!

A Saucy Wench

wooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! Great race!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Great race and great race report! I have run three HMs and it took me until the 3rd one to not go out too fast. I'm training for a full marathon now and I need to remember that discipline so I don't hit the wall too early. As for the nipple chafing, I use Nexcare waterproof first aid tape by 3M. You can find it in your drug store. I have a hairy chest, so taking the tape off hurts for about 5 seconds...but that sure beats the pain of chafed nipples (unfortunately, I speak from experience here)
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Tim, that is fantastic! Sub 2 on your first go is really something to be proud of. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jeffdonahue

Awesome job! And dont sweat the walking, we have all hit those hills in the final miles of a long race that we werent expecting, and we all have walked them at one point or another (okay, at least I have). Great job - keep on trucking.
                Congrats! Outstanding race report. They should all have pictures. Me likes pictures. Modified to add: and today's lesson, boys and girls, is don't be the guy in the red shirt. Don't look down at your watch. It ruins the picture. Learn to stop your watch without looking. Or glance up at that giant clock over your head. Don't be red shirt guy.
                JK, The poor guy in the redshirt is doing the right thing, unfortunaltely he is in the shadow at the moment the pic was snapped. Click on the Link for Tim's original post and click on the picture to get a clearer image. Congrats Tim on a fine first Half. I only hope I can do nearly as well on my first HM coming up in May even though I have been running for 2 years now.
                seeEricaRun

Awesome

Congratulations on your amazing time! What's next?
                    I will be doing a 10k in the next few weeks to try and get a PR. My only 10k was back in my early running days and was 1:03. I want to get a time down in the low 50's, and think I can do a sub 50 if I really push it and have a good course. I am trying to get a good Seeding time for this years Peachtree Road Race in Atlanta. Following that I will be doing the Atlanta ING Half Marathon at the end of March. I have a guy at work trying to talk me into doing the Full, but I am no-where near ready for that yet. The longest distance I have done is 14 miles. Following that I am going to do the 5k that got me started last year. It is in May (still looking for an April race) and last year it was my first 5k and I finished COMPLETELY last with a time of almost 37 min. This year I hope to get it in about 24 min as it is a VERY hilly course. OK - now what you were really fishing for..... yes, I have a marathon on the horizon, hence the blog name. I have not chosen one as of yet, but will complete one by the end of the year, you can come back and see Smile
                    "Better to take the slow approach then the no approach."
                    My Quest to a Marathon blog.262quest.com