Freiberg Infraction (Disease) (Read 43 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Hi.  I saw the ortho today, and that was the diagnosis.  I've googled, and there isn't much to read about this peculiar affliction and running.  If any of you have any knowledge or experience, I'm all ears.

Are you still running?  How much can you run?  How much were you running before?

Thanks in advance.

Runner with a riding problem.

SMART Approach

This condition can present a few different ways.  Generally it is a flattening of the metatarsal head or dying of bone (AVN) of a metatarsal head.  This can be caused by trauma. I have seen it in my work after a osteotomy done after a bunionectomy.  If diagnosed in early stages, simply offloading the area and allow ya chance to heal is the first option. I have had docs prescribe a trasound bone healing system and seen success. For severe cases, patient can be treated with an osteotomy  to alter the area of stress on the bone, and/or  bone grafting procedure.

I see no reason a person cannot get back to running assuming everything heals up properly. If, is the big question.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com