running and having to take a dump (Read 3077 times)

TJN

S Army Kettle run...

Amen, brother. Mine usually starts when I have the house in sight, though. 200 yards of pinched-cheeks hell.

Prairie doggin' ....

Tim 

npaden

Got to throw in the updated terminology - Malicious Fecal Distribution along with the link to the story and video.

http://www.koat.com/news/new-mexico/albuquerque/Runner-poops-in-Yard/-/9153728/21026628/-/y97xo7z/-/index.html

She doesn't need toilet paper!

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

SShaw490

SShaw490

Wait 30 years until you're 59, then it wont even bother you all that much. You'll just spend a lot of money on new running shorts.

SunsOutGunsOut

Lol.   Reminds me of a Navy PT test I took 2 years ago... Only 2 folks were ahead of me, and one of them suddenly made a 90 degree left turn and made a B-line off the paved trail and into the woods.  I said "where are you going?, you all right?"  No response and he disappeared into the woods. (Not quite dark, but very low morning light)

After I finished, he came through the line a couple minutes behind me.   They announced his time as he came across the line and they said "good time"!    His reply was "Hell yeah, especially since I had to stop to take a shit during the run!"  --- They laughed, but at first they thought he was joking.

:-)

The first PST I took for BUD/S, I had to take a giant shit. I also ate a huge sausage omelet and a big strawberry banana smoothie right before. I almost puked in the pool, but it all came out on the run. I'm surprised I didn't crap myself too.

Wandering Wally

Awesome thread.

In some corners of the trail running world we call the urge "Being chased by a bear"; actually having to stop and go a "Bear attack"; and outhouses are "Bear traps".  Sometimes we have to sacrifice socks to the bear.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

keeponrunning

It happened to me during a race a couple weekends back, of course with 3 miles to go in a half they didn't have any potties anywhere in sight.  Those underwear went in the garbage, but I was keeping the shorts cause they're my favourite.  Blush  If I hadn't been near the back of hte pakc and the trail wasn't still open for non-racers to use, I probably would've gone in a bush but I didn't wanna freak anyone out too badly Big grin

Just a side note:  oak leaves aren't very absorbant, they are too crispy.  Please don't ask how I know that.

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

Wandering Wally

Dried ferns are the best.  This time of year the forest floor is littered with them.

Agree about the dried oak leaves.  They just crumble.

Run!  Just Run!

xhristopher

Dried ferns are the best.  This time of year the forest floor is littered with them.

Agree about the dried oak leaves.  They just crumble.

Have you considered sycamore leaves?

Wandering Wally

Most of the trails I run the forest is maple/beech with groves of red pine.  Pine needles are useless.  Maple and beech leaves turn to dust.  There are a few areas I run where sycamore are plentiful and those leaves look like they would be useful.

Run!  Just Run!

Wandering Wally

Just discovered this:  https://www.getshittens.com/   Perfect!

Run!  Just Run!

jpdeaux

I'm just grateful this thread has not gotten mixed up with the race "selfies" thread.

Ostrich runner

The first consideration should be how much time you can lose during a race because of the need to poop. This is why I came to study horses, elephants, and giraffes in the first place. You will notice that most animals sit or squat to poop, but horses and giraffes can do it while walking or even running.

It's hard to imagine Hannibal would have been successful crossing the Alps with his war elephants if they needed to stop to take dumps all the time.

I have developed a method whereby humans are able to tilt their pelvises to defecate while on the move. Certainly, wild horses have used this method to escape predators for millions of years.

This method is proven to take as much as 7-18% off of a persons marathon time. Unfortunately, when I show up at high schools and try to get cross country teams to shit on the trail, people react violently to me. This is because of their cowardice.

You can see here a runner who didn't do it with the proper pelvic tilt, and he paid the consequences with his shorts (but maybe not his time).

A horse has its rectum pointing perpendicular from the ground

but humans point downwards. Because of this, it is necessary to run four legged with ones toes pointed inward for balance while pooping. For some reason, people are too arrogant to learn my technique.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Beef, you are a brilliant biomimeticist!  Your method will someday sweep the trails.

Not dead. Yet.

LOL!  Thanks, Beef.  That made my day.

How can we know our limits if we don't test them?

keeponrunning

Beef, that just made my day!!!  Big grin

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022