More miles than degrees club (Read 4353 times)

mattw4jc

Sunday: 20 miles at 10 or 9 or 8 degrees depending on when and who you asked.

Just finishing two weeks of below zero to low single digits.  It was easy to get more miles than degrees every day.  Nothing wrong with running in cold weather, but I really prefer a little warmer.

Nice!

Sunday: 20 miles at 10 or 9 or 8 degrees depending on when and who you asked.

I got 8 miles at 6 degrees this morning, so barely made it!

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

mattw4jc

We jumped up to 65F this morning - at 5am even!

No hope for me. But I did run 12.12 miles on January 12. So, more miles than the current day perhaps?

A chilly 8 miles in 4 degrees.  Wind chill -3

Break on through

15 hilly, chilly miles at 13 degrees today.  The sun was out, though, and there was no wind, so it was comfortable!

"Not to touch the Earth, not to see the Sun, nothing left to do but run, run, run..."

15 hilly, chilly miles at 13 degrees today.  The sun was out, though, and there was no wind, so it was comfortable!

So?? I ran 2 miles at 37 degrees. Not even a jacket. I'm probably out of the club for the season.

You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do. -Anne Lamott

Break on through

Punxsatawney Phil begs to differ!

"Not to touch the Earth, not to see the Sun, nothing left to do but run, run, run..."

So?? I ran 2 miles at 37 degrees. Not even a jacket. I'm probably out of the club for the season.

Boy was I wrong. 6F this morning, with wind chill at -15.

You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do. -Anne Lamott

spinach

I got in today with three miles this morning when the temperature was -11°F.  This was my second run outdoors this year because of the hamstring problem, so it was a bit of a shock. Fortunately there was no wind.

Boy was I wrong. 6F this morning, with wind chill at -15.

Ha yes!

10 > 3 today for me.  And it was miserable to the point that I almost hated running because it was the day after a snowfall on top of that and running on the icy streets, jumping out of the way of cars, plodding slow, slow, slow.  Boo.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

CommanderKeen

Aspiring Hobby Jogger

Yesterday (2-12), 10.7 miles at 9 degrees.

5k 19:13 9/17  10k 38:56 4/18  Half Marathon 1:28:12 4/17  Marathon 3:17:24 11/16

Upcoming Races:
                          4/29/18: OKC Memorial HM

5/12/18: Bristow Wildflower Run?
                          5/19/18: Get You Rear in Gear 5k?
                          6/9/18: Mustang Run 50k?
                          10/6/18: Wurst Race HM
                          11/11/18: Gobbler Grind Marathon?