Is RoadID recognized in Europe? (Read 118 times)

My husband and I have recently moved to Germany (thank you US Army : )  We both wear RoadIDs when running & cycling in the states.  Does anyone know if RoadID would be recognized/usable by emergency workers in Germany or other parts of Europe?

Thanks!

2014 - heal the sinuses and move to Germany!

2015 - Paris Marathon 12 April

I used to wear one for years and I always assumed that it would be recognized and helpful (after we moved I never got around to getting a new one with the new address). I live in Slovenia.

cookiemonster

Connoisseur of Cookies

My husband and I have recently moved to Germany (thank you US Army : )  We both wear RoadIDs when running & cycling in the states.  Does anyone know if RoadID would be recognized/usable by emergency workers in Germany or other parts of Europe?

Thanks!

I've talked with EMS providers in Europe from time to time.  They're familiar with the medic alert tags just as EMS providers here in the US are aware.  If you wear it and something bad happens to you chances are pretty good they'll find it.

If you're curious about it you could always go talk to the local first responders and ask them.  It could be a good way to break the ice especially if you're living off post.

***************************************************************************************

"C" is for cookie.  That's good enough for me.

kk_kittenkat

I'm in England and have RoadID, so yes medics are trained to look for it.