Sports Bras (Read 733 times)

Can someone recommend a quality sports bra? I've been using some from Champion but they really don't have enough support. I'm a 36C, normally - and usually wear a M sized sports bra but...still too jiggly, you know? Any suggestions?

Baby bean!

I can't really help because I don't have much in that department but a friend told me that she will sometimes tape her chest with an ace bandage along with using the bra and that helps a lot. Just a thought in case you needed some time to do some shopping.

Goals:
      Finish C25K

I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, but I run.

redleaf

The best advice I can give is to find a bra shop in your town that does fittings. Most women wear the wrong sized bra and getting fitted for one is an absolute must. I am definitely top-heavy (like a couple of letters more than C) and have a couple of bras I've used with great success. One is a "Shock Absorber". My most recent purchase is a sports bra by Bendon. http://www.bendonsport.com/default.aspx It took a couple of wears to get used to it - it's a cross-back strapped bra that you pull over yourself - but I've never felt so secure.

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Hoping to Run Again :-(

I have the opposite problem. It took me awhile to find one small enough that still had some support. But from other threads like this in the past, I know the company Enell was always mentioned as being wonderful. Here's a link I found: http://www.enell.com/index.html HTHs!
          ~ Fly ~
          Only as much as I dream can I be.
          veggies on the run
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm a fan of the Champion Double Dry Distance bra...very supportive (I'm a D) and often can be had for $20 when Champion runs sales. I wouldn't buy anything that is sized S, M, L unless one is a B cup or smaller. Bigger busts need true bra cup support. Shelf bra styles and tops with built-in bras usually won't offer enough support.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Best Present Ever

I love love love the Fiona bra from moving comfort. Love it. It's the only one that I don't have to wear with another bra or shimmel. No chafing, even in a marathon. Not too ugly, either.

Menace to Sobriety

Maybe this and the "What do you wear under your shorts" thread should go under "Technical Support" Big grin

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

Lisa3.1

I'm a fan of the Champion Double Dry Distance bra...very supportive (I'm a D) and often can be had for $20 when Champion runs sales. I wouldn't buy anything that is sized S, M, L unless one is a B cup or smaller. Bigger busts need true bra cup support. Shelf bra styles and tops with built-in bras usually won't offer enough support.
                  I got the same bra because of her recommendation. I should have gotten two.