Accupuncture (Read 564 times)

I have been suffering from what appears to be hamstring issue since May, caused by overtraining and muscle imbalance. I have completed all of the normal perscribed treatments (RICE, Foam roller, stretching, strengthening, massage) but it is persistant. My PT recommended accupuncture, I am going for my first treatment today. Has anyone had any experience with this form of treatment? If so how did it go? MTA: I am actually noticing some relief. I have been through 3 treatments, that include some aggresive massage on the hamstring and calf (By aggressive, I mean it hurts). I have scaled back on the stretching 2 twice a day versus the 3x and I have been able to start adding in some streghtening and walking with no pain. Smile MTA: I have a chiro appointment coming up I will ask about the Gaston technique. Thanks for the input.

Bugs

Had it done on my ankle a few weeks ago. It took away some of the inflammation but did not fix it. I recommend you google "Graston Treatment" and find a chiropractor that offers it. Has fixed every running inury I've ever gotten, including a hamstring pain.

Bugs

A Saucy Wench

I have had acupuncture work MIRACLES. I had a hip/low back problem that had made it difficult to walk and chiro did NOTHING and acupuncture fixed it in 2 treatments. Also worked wonders on my dh's tennis elbow. I have had less luck with other things, but acupuncture for me has had much better success rate than any other form of treatment for injuries, with the possible exception of ASTYM - which ironically is developed from an acupuncture/chinese med technique.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7