The NYTimes on a new trend: Dog running services (Read 715 times)

They Take the Bounce Out of Bowser “It’s a good part-time job for people who work at night, people who run and people who love dogs,” he said. They typically make $20 to $35 per dog per run. Both companies charge $28 to $40, depending on the time. (Runs last from 30 to 45 minutes, depending on the dog.) Freelance runners are often cheaper. I should start one of these around here. Someone would PAY ME to run with their dogs??! I love running with mine.
      I'm with you! But I can't imagine anyone in my area paying that much! Maybe $5-10 for the same amount. I guess NYers have Big Bucks.
      Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado

madness baby

Does your dog need some exercise and some extra attention? Is your dog walker not stimulating enough for your dog? Introducing a great new dog-running service in the Los Angeles area! $25/ each half hour (water stops included). Additional services include: Personal training (stop to play in the park) Throwing a frisbee on the beach Run to the beach, walk on the strand, take a picture in Venice Beach And our most popular service: The Run/Walk combo with a doggie "burger" treat from an upscale bakery! Call me and get that dog into shape now for the summer! Hmm. . . I should put up posters! Nothing like making cash and having some extra company while you do what you love! Big grin
        deb
          i had an ad up on craigslist the entire month of october last year saying i'd do this for FREE b/c i missed running w/ my old 4-legged companion but my dude wasn't ready to adopt a new big dog. not one single bite. people don't trust people who do stuff for free, i guess.

Princess Cancer Pants

Get paid to do something I'm already doing...? Just think of all the shoes (and *cough* Garmin *cough*) I could buy! Big grin I keep thinking how nice it would be to take my neighbor's sweet, small male German Shepherd on runs with me. He *looks* tough, but is a big sweetie and doesn't get much attention. Seriously, though, that's a great idea. I'd only be worried that a dog I'm running with would take of and get lost or hit by a car. I couldn't live with myself if a pet in my car met such an end. Sad k

'17 Goals:

• Chemo

• Chemo-Radiation

• Surgery

• Return to kicking my own ass by 2018

She was not strong. She was valiant. Radiant. Brave and broken. The beauty she discovered in the aftermath was unparalleled to anything she had known before, because it had come at such a cost.

~ Unknown