running magazines (Read 1814 times)

DanMoriarity

I personally prefer Running Times, but I'm going to have to check out Marathon and Beyond from some of the recommendations here. Canadian Running isn't bad, but it's got a ways to go to be one of the major running magazines.

In it for the long run..

I know we all like to slam Runners World, and I agree with many of the criticisms. I still enjoy it, though.  It isn't expensive, and it isn't a major time investment for me to read it.  I like the ads and the product reviews and usually there are one or two articles I like.  I would not have wanted to miss the Frank Shorter abuse article for the world.  It's a magazine aimed at a market that will buy it.  What do we expect?

"It's not who wins he workout..."

BANNED from the LLR (Ladies' Locker Room) forum at age 64.  Remember, folks, it's just running.

I know we all like to slam Runners World, and I agree with many of the criticisms. I still enjoy it, though.  It isn't expensive, and it isn't a major time investment for me to read it.  I like the ads and the product reviews and usually there are one or two articles I like.  I would not have wanted to miss the Frank Shorter abuse article for the world.  It's a magazine aimed at a market that will buy it.  What do we expect?

Yes we do.

I enjoy it, too, and there's some good stuff to be found in there.  You just have to do a lot of filtering. Wink

Well at least someone here is making relevance to the subject. - S.J.