I did it!: my first half marathon race report (Read 714 times)

Beat my first HM time! Black eye (I think) Great job! Thanks for the report w/ pictures. Maybe you can get ericSmile to send you a Runningahead.com shirt to model. Big grin

Vim

GreenMan

Great job Vixi Congrats on your first HM You wrote a great report too. Good luck on your next adventure. jjj
      Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.
        You rock! Great report--my favorite part is when you hear your children cheering you on.

Bugs

Great work. Love the picture with shoes & metal. Cool photo idea.

Bugs

Ringmaster

Oh, I have to admit, I stole that idea. From JustMarion, I think. But I liked it so much because I loved those shoes--sooooo much. They're the first shoes I first called myself a runner in. And yet, sadly, after that race, I can't run another mile in them. So that was kind of my funeral picture of them. Thanks so much, Nikes, but it's so long for you and me. Cry

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
            Mile by Mile

Wow, great job!
              Heroes never die. They just reload.
                Wow, great job!
                I agree. Great race and report Karina and fantastic time for your first half!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Ringmaster

Smile Nothing like your race, Mike! Training definitely paid off, though--I had run the distance twice (once in 2:07, once in 2:04). I generally perform worse, not better, under race conditions, so I was thankful to see that this time I had managed to pace myself, keep hydrated, and manage my race well. One day I'll run the 26.2 . . . one day . . .

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
                  Mile by Mile

Beatin' on the Rock

When I first thought of the half marathon distance, I planned to walk the Myrtle Beach half with a friend. Then I started running and I got the crazy idea that maybe I could actually run thirteen miles . . . I got my first medal! Will I do it again? I can’t wait! Karina>quote I have so enjoyed following you along this HM trail, Karina (You'll always be VixiDu to me!) Congrats again on a wonderful race, and thank you so much for the great report - you've eased my anxiety ... a little. -Sally
                    Be yourself. Those that matter, don't mind. Those that mind, don't matter.
                      Congrats on your fine race! The Half Marathon is just a great distance.