What is Your Mile Time? (Read 114 times)

pedaling fool

I keep seeing advertisements asking how fast you can run a mile....They claim it can reduce your premiums on life insurance and stuff.. I've never opened any of these links/advertisements, but wondering if anyone knows more about it?

Does your life/health insurance company provide reduced premiums for the ability to run X-minute milers?

paul2432

Those ads are meant to appeal to the vanity if runners.  They use wishy-washy language like “may be eligible”.  There was an article about this on Runner’s World saying runners don’t have lower risk of death than anyone else.

I don’t know my mile time, probably 5;30-5:45.

The guy I have life insurance from axed if did anything like crazy like sky diving, scuba diving. I said no man, that shit is too damn dangerous. He didn't axe about rock and ice climbing, which is WAY more safe than the above mentioned

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Will they let me use my mile time from 1990?  Maybe I could get free insurance.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.