Vibram 5 Fingers (Read 580 times)

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

http://vibramfivefingers.com/index.cfm Anyone tried these? Was thinking of trying them out - supposed to be closest thing to barefoot running without the risk of injuring the sole of your foot. If you have tried them which model? Looking for something to use on trails and roads.

• Black Canyon 100k
    • RRR
    • Zane Grey 100k
    • High Lonesome 100
    • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
    • The Bear 100
    • Javelina Jundred (?)

I'm using KSOs right now. I've done a few road and hard packed gravel path runs in them, and last night finally got onto some trails with them. They force you to have good trail running form (small steps, midfoot strike, watch where you are going...) When you don't have good form, it becomes very painfully and quickly obvious, such as when you step on a hard root or rock with your arch. Thankfully, that is fleeting, it just tells you to be more careful. On parts where it was soft and without debris, I was able to really move. You can really feel the trail beneath you and its great. I'm thinking that I could do really well on a cross country course in these things, they are so light. Technical trails require me to slow down a little too much for racing though. I don't recommend running on bricks with them. The pavement doesn't cause me many problems, but bricks are pretty tough.

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Imminent Catastrophe

Just got a pair of Sprints. I'll let you know when I try them out. Just wearing them around the house they're really comfortable.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey