Backyard movie night (Read 77 times)

Village people

Anyone set up one of these? I am planning a pasta party (if the school allows) for xcountry and thought it would be fun to watch McFarland but outside. It would be great if I could also stream football out there and tailgate. I have a spot and I’d start with a white sheet on my shed. 

thanks.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

We had friends who did this. It was really fun. They had a projector and used a bedsheet for the screen.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

If you get a modern projector, anything that runs through your laptop can be projected (Netflix, internet etc.).

I have an 8-ft screen that rolls up/down and mounts on 2 screws into the wooden swing set in the yard. The screen was like $100 and the projector was about $150.

AndyTN

Overweight per CDC BMI

Take a look at my avatar picture. I will put my projector on a table then project on the side of the house. I can either set up chairs in the yard or lay on a float in the pool. I also use my soundbar for audio as the sound from the projector is crap.

Memphis / 38 male

5k - 20:39 / 10k - 43:48 / Half - 1:34:47 / Full - 3:38:10

AndyTN

Overweight per CDC BMI

Here is a better picture. Also, glow sticks are a must with kids for movie night.

Memphis / 38 male

5k - 20:39 / 10k - 43:48 / Half - 1:34:47 / Full - 3:38:10

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ohhh…I want to be your neighbor!!

~ Sarah Kay

Village people

Ohhh…I want to be your neighbor!!

+1! That looks amazing! And thanks, I was wondering about sound.

kcam

That IS pretty awesome!  Not that I've ever thought of watching movies in the backyard but would it be very wrong of me if I projected onto my neighbor's house?  One of his walls is situated pretty well for that!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That IS pretty awesome!  Not that I've ever thought of watching movies in the backyard but would it be very wrong of me if I projected onto my neighbor's house?  One of his walls is situated pretty well for that!

I'd think if you invited them over that they shouldn't have any reason to say no...assuming that they don't have to be asleep early.

~ Sarah Kay

tomatolover

What Brando of projectors did you all buy? Does it work with your wifi ?? We are trying to figure out how to do this is the simplest way possible but are limited by $$. 

Luciplay

That is a great idea! Stay safe while doing it.

I have a little 800 lumen LED projector that works surprisingly well when it's dark. Having a white screen helps a lot, I've used sheets, a white wall, and the unmarked side of white Tyvek.

I got my projector on Ebay for $50 or so. You want a legitimate 500+ lumens, over 1000-2000 is preferable, and verified high def of at least 720p, but 1080p or 4k would be better.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Kam C

Spam