I'm dumping him. (Read 1868 times)

Oh, it won't be easy. When I spend time with him, I get a warm, fuzzy feeling. But here's the thing....he's not supportive of my training. He makes me want to stay in bed when I should be out running. Sometimes I think he knocks me around, because I wake up with a killer headache after a night with him. And when I'm with him, he coerces me to say and do things that aren't typical of me. He's just bad news for me.

I guess I won't completely rule out the occasional hookup, but it's hard to go back to that once you've been serious, you know?

C-R

POD

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

BeeRunB

xxx is much better without the xx

DoppleBock

Alchohol will limit your ability to train - The amount of the limitation is different for everyone.  Some people are happy to give a little peak performance up for the enjoyment alchohol gives.

I have been dry since February 13th.  I will have a one night stand with booze on April 21st and again on May 5th.  Other than that I will not drink until after my goal race ends June 3rd.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Alchohol will limit your ability to train - The amount of the limitation is different for everyone.  Some people are happy to give a little peak performance up for the enjoyment alchohol gives.

I have been dry since February 13th.  I will have a one night stand with booze on April 21st and again on May 5th.  Other than that I will not drink until after my goal race ends June 3rd.

I have two upcoming half marathons. My plan is to not drink any alcohol till after the 2nd one (May 13).

Feeling the growl again

POD

+1, and this whole thread makes me feel bad about my own willpower.  It used to be so strong, heck, I made it through college not drinking a drop during XC or track seasons...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

DoppleBock

For me I would stay dry the whole time - But big events are big events

April 21st is Carmel Marathon and part of the fun is to drink with a couple of RA'ers.

May 5th is opening fishing weekend - The one time a year I see one of my good friends - No, we do not fish up north - we golf and drink.  But I am showing up really late Friday night - So I cannot drink and will save all my drinking energy for Saturday.  We golf 18 Sat and 18 Sun.  But I will be back on the wagon Sunday.

DoppleBock

POD - Both of you hoseheads (CR and Spaniel) better not be disappointing April 21st.  That is no time to re-gain willpower!

+1, and this whole thread makes me feel bad about my own willpower.  It used to be so strong, heck, I made it through college not drinking a drop during XC or track seasons...

Oh, wait! May 5 is our anniversary--and we are seeing the Roger Waters' The Wall tour that night. Hmmm...
                    C-R

POD - Both of you hoseheads (CR and Spaniel) better not be disappointing April 21st.  That is no time to re-gain willpower!

I can assure you my will power is being thrown in the pool for the 21st.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

Heck no.  That day has been a long time coming.  The time for willpower is the time between now and then.  If I subtracted HALF of my alcohol calories from my diet over the past few months, I'd be way past what I needed to shed the few lbs to good racing weight.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

DoppleBock

You could always skip the booze and smoke weed

Oh, wait! May 5 is our anniversary--and we are seeing the Roger Waters' The Wall tour that night. Hmmm...

You could always skip the booze and smoke weed

There's an idea!

Menace to Sobriety

Oh, wait! May 5 is our anniversary

It's also Cinco de Mayo. So much for being on the wagon.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

It's also Cinco de Mayo. So much for being on the wagon.

Exactly. One year, we were in Mexico on our Cinco de Mayo anniversary. I don't think we'll party that hard this year while visiting Tulsa.