GPS Watches / After Christmas Deals (Read 638 times)

DukeDB

My Forerunner 205 was stolen four years ago and I want to get back in the game. I have no affinity for Garmin and no need for a foot pod or heart rate capability. I do have an affinity for reliability, ease of use, accuracy, and a useful current pace display. I use a Mac and would like an easy way to upload here. Any GPS afficiandos / retail maniacs want to point me to an after-Christmas deal I shouldn't miss?

The blog below is the best place to start.  Garmin still has the most products that do what you need at lower prices.  The Forerunner 201 might work for you.  However there is Timex and a couple other new guys that might be worth a look.  Although they are not made anymore, you can get the Garmin 205/305 at low prices (at least the last time I looked).

Based on your comments I would lean away from Polar, Sunnto.  Too expensive and lacking simplicity (you need extra "pods" for GPS).  I have the Garmin 305 and the new Polar RCX5, and the older Garmin is still the better product for me (I just run).

www.dcrainmaker.com

2014 - Get 5k back under 20:00.  Stay healthy!

If the furnace is hot...

My Forerunner 205 was stolen four years ago and I want to get back in the game. I have no affinity for Garmin and no need for a foot pod or heart rate capability. I do have an affinity for reliability, ease of use, accuracy, and a useful current pace display. I use a Mac and would like an easy way to upload here. Any GPS afficiandos / retail maniacs want to point me to an after-Christmas deal I shouldn't miss?

This Nike watch is powered by TomTom, a cool alternative in my opinion.

Check it out here: http://amzn.to/u0soHi 

Has a nice look to it as well

Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows that it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle when the sun comes up you are still an animal in Africa and that kinda sucks.

DukeDB

Thanks.  Went with the Forerunner 210 because the size looked right and the price was okay.  I figure it'll work fine.