WHAT PLACE AM I IN????? (Read 1127 times)

I know this has been suggested before but I have not heard any feedback from our moderator. Sure would be nice to arrange the 1500mi club by decending miles rather than alphebetical order. No one really cares about the albabetical order, but what place I am in is mighty important to me. It's nice to try and catch the guy in front of you and move up a notch or two. Please, can we have some response from our moderator!!!! Rich
    Wingz

Professional Noob

Hi, Rich. I think Eric was taking a couple of well eraned days off after all the hard work he put in in December on this site. The 1500 mile club is not a race against the other members - it's about trying to maintain a consistant level of training throughout the year. Thats why there are different groups - so that you can measure your training against the appropriate pace bunny, not against the other members of the group. You've logged 37.8 miles so far this year. The 1500 mile pace bunny is at 53.4 miles. So it looks like you'll want to start increasing your mileage by about 10% per week if you want to catch up with and keep up with him. If you are not interested in averageing 29 miles/week, you could join the 1000 mile club instead, whose pace bunny is at 35.6 miles right now and is averaging 19 miles/wk. Janell

Roads were made for journeys...

Janell, I understand this is not a race against others but I think it would be nice to know how one stands in relation to everyone else. I also looked at your log and I'm not sure you should be the one to be telling someone that maybe they should be in a different club. It seems that you should be the charter member of the 500 mile club, my friend. If you'll notice my log, you will see that I have been sick these last 9 nine days, no long runs and lower or no mileage days. Don't worry so much about me.........worry about yourself!!!!!! Rich
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wow, insecure much, man? As it so happens Janell is also under the weather at the moment. To say you are rude would be an understatement. Janell is one of the most helpful, honest, and caring individuals I have ever come across on the net. I'm not alone in this sentiment, as you might find from the RA awards thread in the off-topic board. Mess with her and you will be messing with a lot of folks on RA who are in agreement with me on this. Back off, have a few beers, chill out, and ease up, already. If you need more competition you should be registering for races IRL, not obsessing over beating people online. That's not the purpose of this place.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Chris UK

As it is so important to you (and in answer to your question) at the time of me checking in a group of 48 there are 25 people (and the pace bunny) ahead of you. That will be 26 then Wink

3000 miles

Sub 19:00 for 5K  05-03-13 Clee Prom 5K - 19:00:66 that was bloody close!

Sub-40:00 for 10K 17-03-13 Gainsborough 10K - 39:43

Sub 88:00 for HM

Cryptic

Rich, You doing alright big guy? Janelle is the one who came up with the idea of the clubs in the first place if my memory serves me....so why don't you show her some respect for that since you obviously have no respect for anything else she has to offer. 1/8/2007 — 1/14/2007: 20.8 Mi 3:12:59 1/1/2007 — 1/7/2007: 17.0 Mi 2:44:54 12/25/2006 — 12/31/2006: 18.6 Mi 3:02:07 12/18/2006 — 12/24/2006: 20.3 Mi 3:12:31 12/11/2006 — 12/17/2006: 26.2 Mi 4:17:04 12/4/2006 — 12/10/2006: 19.1 Mi 3:11:25 I am guessing that most people would give the advice she gave based upon your averages since you started logging your runs. However,I am by no means a good example I haven't been able to run because of injury in well over a month until this week but go ahead and bash away if it helps you feel better. I of course would think someone with as many years under your belt wouldn't take it that far. Hope you get to feeling better and catch the bunny.
                I say, have a few beers, lighten up and have a good run, cheers all!!!!!!!!!! And don't foget to smile Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin
                  All I did was ask a simple question that was answered in Janell's first paragraph. There was no need for the second part of her message. For her to assume that I am not interested in acheiving the goal is off base. I thought her response was very nice until I read the second paragraph. I don't need to chill, I am cool, and there was no need to be attacked for asking a simple question. In fact, if you check around the boards, similar ones have been asked many times. Zoom, this has nothing to do with obsessing over beating other people.Seems as though most of you here have very creative imaginations, reading way more into a simple question than there really is. gfisher, how can you say I have no respect for Janell??? Do you know me???? or how I feel??? Chris UK, Thank you. I'll just use the running log, and you folks, with the wild imaginations can chit chat here till all hours of the morning until you all get a life. Thanks, Rich
                    I'll just use the running log, and you folks, with the wild imaginations can chit chat here till all hours of the morning until you all get a life.
                    And we thank you for that Rich. You would have most likely gotten a little cozier reception from everyone had you not come in DEMANDING to know what place you are in a non-existent race; and then demand a response from the extremely gracious and generous owner of this FREE site. To quote the great Sgt. Hulka, "Lighten up Francis"
                    The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare. -- Juma Ikangaa, Tanzanian marathoner

Help to defeat Lou Gehrig's Disease. Please sponsor me in The Ride to Defeat ALS. I'm riding in memory of my dad.
                    http://runpebsrun.blogspot.com
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

BTW, Rich, for future reference...all caps is considered YELLING in netspeak. So when the title of a thread is posted in all caps it generally can be read as anger or overreaction from the poster--particularly when excessive punctuation follows.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Zoom, I apologize for the caps. That was totally inadvertant. Sorry. And to you Johnnypebs, when one donates money to the website.....it is not totally free.....I am more than willing to pay for quality. Don't ever assume anything about me, you don't know anything about me. Rich
                        Wingz

Professional Noob

Boy, I'm sorry I missed all this discussion last night! However, since I was sleeping 14 hours last night trying to get better (and not having any luck yet, sad to say!) I'm coming back into this mess this morning. Rich - I replied the way I did because you were yelling. Relax, eh? Compete with the pace bunny, not everyone else who, as we both know, may be sick/injured/under the weather. When I suggested you might want to be in the 1000 mile group, I was going by what I had seen consistantly in your log - which gfischerj was kind enough to type out already. And, for your information, I was the charter member of the 500 mile group. Wink I just passed leadership on to abbaroodle when she joined because I'm planning on running about 1500 this year. Also, this site is put on completely free by the first person you were yelling at. He works on this site at least as much as a half-time job... and nobody pays him for it. He doesn't even ask for a yearly fee to use *his* computers, bandwidth, etc. Not to mention how much it would cost to hire your own computer programmer 20 hours a week! If he wants to take a few days off every now and then, I say give the guy a break! Sheesh! Know what, guys? I think we should let this drop until Eric has a chance to get to it... I'm sure he's got 5,000 messages piled up waiting for him right now.

Wingz

Professional Noob

I was reacting to the caps too. Let's not do that again. Wink

va

Group hug! Smile