Auto fill weather during GPS import (Read 625 times)

PaulyGram

Fast is better than long

The $1000 tanita scale with ANT+

I was just kidding. It's cool that it can even auto fill the temperature.

But since you're going above and beyond ... can you have it auto fill my weight as well? There must be some way the internet can get that information for you without me having to weigh myself and actually fill in the number.

2017 Goals: Give up goals; they're stoopid

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm the rest of the night;
    Set a man afire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

What in the Jehu?

ColoradoTamara

My workouts don't automatically upload the weather.  I upload from a Garmin 610.  How do you get the weather to auto upload into your workout?

ColoradoTamara

My workouts don't automatically upload the weather.  I upload from a Garmin 610.  How do you get the weather to auto upload into your workout?

eric :)

Hi ColoradoTamara,

Weather can only be auto filled for GPS workouts only for now.  The software couldn't reliably know your location.  I'll have to think of a way to work around it.

eric Smile

ColoradoTamara

I have a GPS watch so I was confused why it wasn't loading but I am happy to report that this morning's workout loaded with the weather Smile  Thanks!

ckerr1999

Hi Eric

In order to get the weather information to automatically fill, we need to subscribe to the website correct? ($10/year). Once we sign up the weather information should start to appear in our logs? I am planning on signing up this weekend. Thanks again

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The rain box was also checked on mine, with no rain in the forecast until tonight!

Yes. My last two runs were hot and sunny without a cloud in the sky. One came up partly cloudy and the other overcast.

duckman

The Irreverent Reverend

Hi Eric

In order to get the weather information to automatically fill, we need to subscribe to the website correct? ($10/year). Once we sign up the weather information should start to appear in our logs? I am planning on signing up this weekend. Thanks again

Yes, this is a feature for those who financially support RunningAhead.

Husband. Father of three. Lutheran pastor. National Guardsman. Runner. Political junkie. Baseball fan.

ckerr1999

I signed up for my subscription this morning, however when I added tonight's run, the weather data didn't auto-fill into my log. I uploaded my run from my Garmin 610. Am I missing something? Thanks

Hi ckerr1999,

Thank you for your support!  The processing of imported workouts is handled by a background service.  It caches some information, including your account information, to speed up the processing.  Changes to your account might not be propagated to it immediately.  I'm sure that it'll auto fill the weather tomorrow.  Don't worry though, I'm looking into auto filling weather for existing workouts as well.  Eventually, everything will be updated.

eric Smile

ckerr1999

Thanks Eric. You definitely have the best running log on the internet. Smile

ckerr1999

Hi Eric, Sorry for bothering you again. The weather is still not auto filling into my log. So it is still probably the cache. But if you get a chance can you check my data feed in case there is an error on my end. Thanks. Or should we give it a full week for everything to kick it. Thanks again.

Hi ckerr1999,

I am unable to reproduce the problem.  I suspect it has something to do with your location or something with your GPS files.  Could you send me the GPS file for your last workout so I can trace through the problem?  Thanks!

eric Smile

ckerr1999

Thanks Eric. How do I send you a file?

S8S

Should the auto fill weather work if I am using Handy Runner to upload my workouts?  Thanks!

(I am a paid subscriber.)