Running Survey (Running Shoe Prefeence) (Read 73 times)

Chase Balko

Hello all!

My name is Chase Balko and I am currently a sophomore at Malone University. I am a long-distance runner here running under the legendary coach Jack Hazen and up-and-coming coach Schaub. I am majoring in mathematics and data analytics. I am here today asking for volunteers to fill out my survey on running shoe preference for my class Marketing Research. I have put a lot of work into making a survey that will help me and others get a better representation of what some of the most preferred brands and shoe types are among runners. My survey has been reviewed and approved by the Research Participants Protection Program/IRB, so all questions are fair and will cause no harm of any kind. All directions for the survey are at the top of the survey once you click the link. The survey should only take about five minutes at the most. Every and all responses are completely anonymous and will help me gather data to come up with some different conclusions. Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out this survey, I appreciate it a lot. Thanks again!

Survey link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfJswbUnpMknLLiza7J9tjntwVPDMIX0dnImRI2Ui8gwu-qnQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

Chase Balko

For anyone filling out the survey, the final question is formatted a little odd. What Chase is asking (I think) is to place those 5 things in order of importance to you.

It's a survey device that forces you to choose, even if you think some things are equally important, or equally unimportant. Similar to a Likert Scale with even numbers, so you CAN'T pick right in the middle; you have to bias one way or the other.

"on a scale of 1-4, with 1 being strongly disagree and 4 being strongly agree, do you think that fill in the blank?"

I found statistics class really interesting.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

For anyone filling out the survey, the final question is formatted a little odd. What Chase is asking (I think) is to place those 5 things in order of importance to you.

Except it's a different order of importance for a daily trainer vs. a racing shoe.

Dave

Except it's a different order of importance for a daily trainer vs. a racing shoe.

I know. It's another poorly formed questionnaire like the others that show up every so often. I think they are given a format and they have to stick with it.

Or, it's a ruse and the REAL thing they are trying to determine is hidden in there (learned to do that in statistics class, too!). Perhaps which store people use, and everything else is fluff.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I know. It's another poorly formed questionnaire like the others that show up every so often. I think they are given a format and they have to stick with it.

Or, it's a ruse and the REAL thing they are trying to determine is hidden in there (learned to do that in statistics class, too!). Perhaps which store people use, and everything else is fluff.

That's what I often wonder about with these surveys.  Are they really from a student, or just some marketing person trying to get information the sly?  So hard to trust anything online.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
            10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

mikeymike

That's what I often wonder about with these surveys.  Are they really from a student, or just some marketing person trying to get information the sly?  So hard to trust anything online.

Marketing people know the answers to all of these questions and more and don't need to impersonate college sophomores to get runners to talk about their shoe preferences.

Also:

https://malonepioneers.com/sports/cross-country/roster/chase-balko/7366

Runners run

kcam

Poorly formed questionnaire?  But it was reviewed by the Research Participants Protection Program/IRB.  At least we know no one will have to retreat to their safe space after reading the questions.

Marketing people know the answers to all of these questions and more and don't need to impersonate college sophomores to get runners to talk about their shoe preferences.

Also:

Yay for college runners!

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Also:

Point taken.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

RCPangie

I run barefoot.